• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Redemption Card Use Timing?

poohs4me

DIS Veteran
I have Disney Rewards saved up and want to use it on my next cruise. Should I call now and have it added as an OBC or should I go to guest services and have it applied when I get on the ship? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to doing it at either time? My backup method of payment will be the Disney Visa so I can get the other benefits if eligible.

Side question: If its better to do it at guest services, is this something concierge can handle?

I'd do it either before you cruise, or the first day on the ship. If you wait more than a couple of days on the ship, any DCL excursions will already be charged to your credit card on file. (I know because I waited too long to take my Disney gift cards to Guest Services)

This is my first cruise AND my first time using our Disney Redemption Dollars. I JUST redeemed them and should be getting the card next week. I would LOVE to put them on the cruise before we go, but I'm not sure I understand how. Could you clarify for me??? Thanks!!! :-)

This is my first cruise AND my first time using our Disney Redemption Dollars. I JUST redeemed them and should be getting the card next week. I would LOVE to put them on the cruise before we go, but I'm not sure I understand how. Could you clarify for me??? Thanks!!! :-)
Call DCL and add onboard credit to your account using the number on the rewards card that you will receive. If you went through a TA they will have to call for you.

Keep you card. If anything is not used it will be returned to the card.

I had no idea you could add it to your account beforehand, I always just go on the first evening and add it to the account.

Thanks for the info.

I had no idea you could add it to your account beforehand, I always just go on the first evening and add it to the account.

Thanks for the info.
Another thing that I do is call and add onboard credit using my Disney Visa card. You get the 6 months/0% promo if you add it before your cruise. I add up everything I think we will spend and call and add the credit.

Another thing that I do is call and add onboard credit using my Disney Visa card. You get the 6 months/0% promo if you add it before your cruise. I add up everything I think we will spend and call and add the credit.

Would I need to have my TA do that, too?? (I probably won't ever use a TA again - I don't like being able to work things out myself!!)

Be sure to activate the rewards card before leaving home - I just put the envelope with my cruise documents and it would not load on the ship. We had to call the 1-800 phone number to activate it first. Guest Services let me use their phone for free to do so, but I could have easily done this part at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter