Disney Visa Question

Haley/Hayden Mom

Mouseketeer
Hello Dis friends,
I just needed some opinions about the Disney Visa. We received an offer to apply for the card last week and it said after the 1st time you used it you would get a $200 Disney gift card that we can use at the park for our upcoming trip. I talked DH into letting me apply for the card and we use it for our monthly gas purchases and such so that we can accumulate more Disney Dream dollars that we can put towards our trip for next year. We plan to pay the card off every month just like we do our current capitalone card that we use in the same way and close the capitalone. I was reading some of the perks on the Disney Visa and was wondering, I see that the card will get 50% off stroller rentals at DL but does it also work at DW for stroller rentals too. This will def help me in making the decision to take a stroller with me or just renting one at the parks for DD (5) to use when she gets tired. Also what other perks do you know of that aren't listed on the site? Any info good or bad that ya'll can tell me about the Disney Visa will be greatly appreciated.

I wish it would have been for DW too. I still would like others opinions of the disney visa card. What do you like and not like about the card? Just trying to prepare myself for when it comes you know.

We love our Disney Visa. We used to stay at Fort Wilderness every other year for two weeks. The rewards paid for the entire "lodging" (campsites average only $50/night). We use the card for just about everything that we would be paying for anyway, i.e., groceries, gas, even property taxes. As long as you pay your card off every month, I don't see how there can be any "cons" for dedicated Disney visitors.

We love our Disney Visa. We used to stay at Fort Wilderness every other year for two weeks. The rewards paid for the entire "lodging" (campsites average only $50/night). We use the card for just about everything that we would be paying for anyway, i.e., groceries, gas, even property taxes. As long as you pay your card off every month, I don't see how there can be any "cons" for dedicated Disney visitors.

Thanks redwolf,
I just knew that with most credit cards someone has some complaint but it looks like with this one there might not be any. :yay: I am excitedly waiting on my card to arrive to start collecting the points to go towards next years trip. :cool1: I think DH is more excited about getting $200 dream dollars after the first use that we can turn into a $200 disney gc that we can use on our trip in june. We are already on a total package for that trip but it will be nice to have that to spend at the park on extra souviners for us and DD's. :dance3:

May I ask where you received this offer? I would LOVE to get one of these offers, as we want the Disney Visa, but want to hold out and get the best possible 'deal' with it! Thanks!

We got the same offer and have had the card now for over a month and have already racked up 50 additional points! We use it for everything that we pay cash for anyway (including our cable bill, phone bill and cell bills) -- any big bills I can put on this card I do -- I figure it will be a huge help to us when we go and buy our park passes for October and then we can start building it up again for our next trip! :thumbsup2

May I ask where you received this offer? I would LOVE to get one of these offers, as we want the Disney Visa, but want to hold out and get the best possible 'deal' with it! Thanks!

We received ours in the mail - it is offered through Chase Bank -- maybe you can google them or google Disney Rewards Visa and see if they are still offering the $200 gift card! :banana:

:banana:It came in the mail yesterday and I was just giddy. I told DH what ya'll have said about paying our bills on it and then just paying it off all at one time and he was all for it to rack up more points to go towards next years trip. I am even paying off my upcoming trip with it today. :cool1: DH liked the fact that I just picked out the red (pixie dust) card too. He said he would have no prob remembering what card with the bright color it is. I personally think he was glad I didn't pick a girly looking card. :rotfl2: I think we should start a I love:love: my Disney Reward Visa group and compare what the discount we received on our vaca's with it. It would be great to have people that have had the card for a while be able to give us newbie advice on the dream dollars. :grouphug:

I received it in the mail a few weeks ago and had been toying around with the idea of applying for it then finally did last monday and it came yesterday. I did not see the same offer on the web sight though. I think it was just $50 thru them. I know I had to enter a code from the mailing to apply for the card that got the $200 in dream rewards.

I also applied for one but it didn't have this offer attached. Anyone
have a code they can pass along???

I also applied for one but it didn't have this offer attached. Anyone
have a code they can pass along???
It is a personalized code that came in a mailing from Chase and the code was destinctive to my name and address. When I put in the code on the web site it pulled up my name address and info that i needed to finish filling out. You might could call Chase and ask them about it.

Whenever we need to make a major purchase (new appliance, tires, etc) & we have the cash, we "defer" it by putting it on the Disney Visa. Not only do you get those reward points, but you get that extra year of Visa product protection if your purchase breaks (which came in handy when our fridge broke two weeks after the manufacturer's warranty ran out). :cheer2:

There was a link to a $100 offer for DVC members posted on the Budget Board earlier this month. You didn't have to be DVC to use it. I applied and got the card about 10 days later. It's better than the $25/$40 offers I had found on line.

: DH liked the fact that I just picked out the red (pixie dust) card too. He said he would have no prob remembering what card with the bright color it is. I personally think he was glad I didn't pick a girly looking card. :rotfl2:

Did you know that you can go to the website and pick a new card design any time you want? You and your husband can have different designs if you want! My DH is not a huge Disney fan so he has the boring old silver card. Mine is Ariel (no longer available). I would like to switch to Tink, but since the Ariel design that I have is no longer available, I feel that I should keep it. I was toying around on the site the other day and I "accidentally" swtiched DH's card to the Nemo design:laughing:.

did you know that you can go to the website and pick a new card design any time you want? You and your husband can have different designs if you want! My dh is not a huge disney fan so he has the boring old silver card. Mine is ariel (no longer available). I would like to switch to tink, but since the ariel design that i have is no longer available, i feel that i should keep it. I was toying around on the site the other day and i "accidentally" swtiched dh's card to the nemo design:laughing:.

lmao!

Did you know that you can go to the website and pick a new card design any time you want? You and your husband can have different designs if you want! My DH is not a huge Disney fan so he has the boring old silver card. Mine is Ariel (no longer available). I would like to switch to Tink, but since the Ariel design that I have is no longer available, I feel that I should keep it. I was toying around on the site the other day and I "accidentally" swtiched DH's card to the Nemo design:laughing:.

LOVE IT!!!!:rotfl2: If there was a Toy Story card DH would have to have that one but I couldn't see him with a Nemo card.

When we got our cards I got them with the fab 5. DH wasn't too thrilled when they came in the mail. :rotfl: But he has gotten alot of comments with it so it doesn't bother him so much.
Now when he uses it he will say that "it's on Mickey" (too bad Mickey didn't pay the bill). :rolleyes1

We both got Vintage Mickey (I chose for both of us) and my husband hates it and said he feels like a dork every time he uses it! Oh well -- more money for us to spend at Disney! :dancer:

We both got Vintage Mickey (I chose for both of us) and my husband hates it and said he feels like a dork every time he uses it! Oh well -- more money for us to spend at Disney! :dancer:

Agreed:thumbsup2 Dork or no Dork it is more to use at Disney. Think I might change my card design later down the road to something more me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter