Disney Visa - Prepaying?

I believe you can do this on any credit card. You can call customer service and find out for sure.

I have never done it on Disney Visa because we just got it this Spring, but I have sent in an additional check mid way against a balance on another Visa card that I knew was coming to soften the total, so I don't think there would be any problem. You could always call the customer service number for Bank One and see if that's okay. I can't imagine them complaining.

Of course, they would love to have your money.

herc.

HI ALL!
Call your Credit Card issuer and ask when they report your credit data to the Credit Rating Service.

Make your extra payment 5 days or more before the reporting date.

"ENJOY!!!"

"THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!"
:jester: :jester: :jester:

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can do this with a Disney Visa. I paid for a portion of our package on it one day, and then called to pay off the amount the next week. Well, I rounded up to the next whole dollar, and the automated system would not take it. Then on a second occasion, I put a payment on our package on my card, and tried to pay it off the next day, but the operator would not let me until the charge hit the card.

This would lead me to think that they would not allow you to do this, but it is worth calling and asking anyways!

Originally posted by crazy_for_the_dis
I'm not sure, but I don't think you can do this with a Disney Visa. I paid for a portion of our package on it one day, and then called to pay off the amount the next week. Well, I rounded up to the next whole dollar, and the automated system would not take it. Then on a second occasion, I put a payment on our package on my card, and tried to pay it off the next day, but the operator would not let me until the charge hit the card.

This would lead me to think that they would not allow you to do this, but it is worth calling and asking anyways!

I bet you could do it anytime by paying for it online, or doing the old fashioned way with a check!

Originally posted by disneychrista
Why would one want to have a "credit" balance on their credit card? :confused:

Some people do this as a sort of forced savings. Rather than setting the money aside somewhere where they are still tempted to spend it, they send extra money each month to the credit card to build a cushion. Then when the trip comes, the money is already on account to cover the charges they incur and they don't get hit with a big bill when they get home.

From a strictly financial point of view, it doesn't make sense since you are basically making an interest-free loan to your credit card company, just like overpaying your taxes to get a big refund. But it helps some folks better manage their savings and afford a trip they might not otherwise be able to do so it works for some.

I might do it in the case of a Disney trip, if I had the extra $$ at the time, maybe a week or so before I left I'd send it to the cc company, then I'd know how much I could charge while I was there, and have it prepaid?

I'm planning to leave my trip $ (most of it) in the savings account and write one check when we get back to pay off what we charge to the room. I don't like to carry a lot of cash on vacation.

Steph

I don't think you can do that online but I am not positive. The only reason I say this is because I charged something to my disney visa once and I went to pay it off the very next day and becasue the charge was not really on my credit card yet becasue it was still in pending status it would not allow me to pay it off . I had to wait until the full charge was on there to put money towards my credit card. But you might be able to call and do this.

I'm pretty sure you can. I have a $103 credit on my card right now because DH accidently paid too much.

You can't do it online because it won't take more then the total due - but you definitely can mail in a check - they deposit it before they look to see if you owe it or not so they have to put the credit on your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter