Disney Visa OBC

What a waste. We will have paid for our entire cruise with my Disney Visa so we should get the credit. However, none of us drink anything besides soda or water. Are there smoothies on board for the kids? Maybe we could use our credit that way. Thanks.

What a waste. We will have paid for our entire cruise with my Disney Visa so we should get the credit. However, none of us drink anything besides soda or water. Are there smoothies on board for the kids? Maybe we could use our credit that way. Thanks.

Oh, yes, there are a wide variety of smoothies and non-alcoholic drinks...check out the new Olaf's frozen drink shack on CC - you can find the menu of options on the disney blog site...you'll find CMs wandering the theaters with non-alcoholic drink trays...

We received verbal confirmation that the OBC was applied to both of our reservations. Is there somewhere on the actual reservation that the credit will be reflected?

We drink a lot of smoothies, and you can have drinks from the bar that are "virgin" versions. They also have a non alcoholic drink of the day every day as well.

Oh, yes, there are a wide variety of smoothies and non-alcoholic drinks...check out the new Olaf's frozen drink shack on CC - you can find the menu of options on the disney blog site...you'll find CMs wandering the theaters with non-alcoholic drink trays...

We drink a lot of smoothies, and you can have drinks from the bar that are "virgin" versions. They also have a non alcoholic drink of the day every day as well.

Thanks. I guess the kids will be drinking some smoothies on the ship!

We recently booked a VGT fare for a February cruise and paid in full with our VISA. When I inquired as to whether or not we would receive the VISA OBC the CM told us no but he would check with his supervisor. When he returned, he told us that because we booked a VGT we were not entitled to the VISA OBC. Has anyone been able to obtain the OBC with a GT fare?
I was given it with a gt fare but it was in 2012 so maybe the rules have changed.

So grateful for all of your posts. I booked my January '16 cruise in November '15 and paid in full using my Disney Visa and had no idea about the OBC. I just called DCL to inquire whether or not I was still eligible to receive it and they gave me the $50 credit no problem. Does anyone know if it can be used towards a drinking seminar such as mixology or martini tasting?

We booked thru a travel agent but used our Disney Visa for everything. Does my TA have to call or can I call DCL directly to inquire about the credit?

Does anyone know if it can be used towards a drinking seminar such as mixology or martini tasting?
Here is my guess: folks who had the $50 Disney Visa credit AND had attended mixology classes ALSO had alcoholic beverage charges to "use up" the $50 credit...basically, you are looking for a DISer who used the Visa, attended tasting classes BUT ordered no alcoholic beverages....might be a rare combination

Since the tickets for beverage seminars come from guest services and do not require a 18% auto tip (added to the cost of the seminar) I would guess, no, they are not coded as alcohol and don't "use up" the $50 credit for alcoholic beverages...but I am just guessing.

Last edited:
Not trying to be funny, but do you think I could use the credit for a cooler with water bottles in it on Castaway Cay? Do you think that counts as beverages?

Just wanted to update that I called DCL again about the Visa OBC and they told me that I was not eligible to receive it because I had booked a GT fare. The CM I spoke with was somewhat rude when I mentioned that I had read online about other cruisers receiving the credit. She told me that DCL does not allow double discounts and that she would "actually have to see that person's reservation in order to verify the OBC was given to them".

Just wanted to update that I called DCL again about the Visa OBC and they told me that I was not eligible to receive it because I had booked a GT fare. The CM I spoke with was somewhat rude when I mentioned that I had read online about other cruisers receiving the credit. She told me that DCL does not allow double discounts and that she would "actually have to see that person's reservation in order to verify the OBC was given to them".

I know the credit is not added if you book a discount fare, obb, military, fl resident, dvc, or a restricted fare (last minute). But I didn't think a Gty booking is a discount. If your gt fare says restricted then yes, no credit. Btw, the last time I called a dcl cm she was so rude I started using a TA.

I know the credit is not added if you book a discount fare, obb, military, fl resident, dvc, or a restricted fare (last minute). But I didn't think a Gty booking is a discount. If your gt fare says restricted then yes, no credit. Btw, the last time I called a dcl cm she was so rude I started using a TA.
Okay, this probably sounds weird, and probably just a coincidence, but every time I call dcl and get a female, the person is rude, and every time I get a male at dcl, the person is very helpful. This has not been my experience at all with other disney travel. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter