Disney Visa discounts- DCL

Mom2Anna&Elsa

DIS Veteran
First of all, do I need to carry around my Disney Visa and show it on board as well as use it on our account that we charge to so I can get our discounts? I keep reading different rules on how it works.

Also, does the Disney Visa Senses Spa discount also apply to Rainforest Room length of cruise? Guessing not since it's two different things, but would love it if it did.

From DisneyRewards.com:
1. When you check in online or at the embarkation terminal, enter your Disney Visa Credit Card as your form of payment for all onboard purchases.
2. On the ship, your “Key to the World” card will indicate that you’re a Disney Visa Cardmember and eligible for the perks listed below. Perks cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts, including Cast Member, Annual Passholder, Disney Vacation Club® or Florida resident.
3. Please mention these offers to ensure you receive the savings.

Re spa savings, only applicable to non-discounted massage and facial services while in port.

https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/disney-cruise-line-savings/

We linked our Disney Visa for onboard purchases. It showed up on our account for purchases at Mickey's Mainsail. The CMs noticed it on our account and provided the discount without us asking. This was a change from when we were onboard in 2022 and had to physically charge to the card vs our room even though that was the card linked to the stateroom.

We linked our Disney Visa for onboard purchases. It showed up on our account for purchases at Mickey's Mainsail. The CMs noticed it on our account and provided the discount without us asking. This was a change from when we were onboard in 2022 and had to physically charge to the card vs our room even though that was the card linked to the stateroom.
Thank you! I kept reading anecdotal posts about needing to bring it with you to get the discount-- glad to hear that Disney has fixed that.

If you put the Disney Visa on your on-board account, your Key To The World card will have a "DV" notation at the lower right that will alert the cast member that you get the discount.

Thank you! I kept reading anecdotal posts about needing to bring it with you to get the discount-- glad to hear that Disney has fixed that.
Sometimes there may be a hiccup and it won't show up on your KTTW card, but if that's the case, visit guest services with your card and they can add a sticker.

Note - I'm not sure how this works now that they're moving to Magic Band+ as I feel like CM's depend on the sticker or actually seeing the card instead of anything their computer may say.

Does anyone know if embarkation day is considered a port day to get the 20% discount for a regular priced spa service?

If you put the Disney Visa on your on-board account, your Key To The World card will have a "DV" notation at the lower right that will alert the cast member that you get the discount.
I suggest still double checking when making purchases that it is applied- it was missed when my son made a couple of purchases without us. CM mentioned it was updated and they have to look for it on screen, but refunded us back the difference later with absolutely no issue.

I have also had to physically bring card to the spa despite having the DV on my KTTW card. Consistency is lacking on the boats, so recommend taking just in case.

Can I ask a related question? What if you linked your DV to your onboard acct, but you also have onboard credit? Say I have $150 in onboard credit and go to the gift shop to buy a souvenir. Will it still give me 10% off at the point of sale, even though it's going to be billed to my onboard credit and not technically my Disney Visa?

Can I ask a related question? What if you linked your DV to your onboard acct, but you also have onboard credit? Say I have $150 in onboard credit and go to the gift shop to buy a souvenir. Will it still give me 10% off at the point of sale, even though it's going to be billed to my onboard credit and not technically my Disney Visa?
Yes

Yes. If you have placed your Disney Visa on your onboard account, you should get the discount. At the point of sale, it's not apparent how you are actually paying for your purchase, just that your card is linked to your account. You can then use a gift card or onboard credit to pay all or part of your onboard charges without losing the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter