• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Discount

Belleandtinker

DIS Veteran
Looking at the restrictions for the 10% of a $50 purchase. Can you get that discount Goofy's Kitchen? Also do I have to use my card eventhough it's linked to My Disney Experience account?

I don't know about the Goofys Kitchen but you need to show your Visa card to get the discount (speaking from personal experience)

One time they told me I had to use my card to get the discount, not just show it. I didn't press the issue or ask for a supervisor, just used my card.

The $10 off $50 is merchandise, not restaurants, so I’m assuming you’re asking about a merchandise discount?

According to the Disney Visa discounts page, you have to use your card to get the discount. If you want to do self checkout, then you need it linked to your MDE account. Otherwise it doesn’t matter if it’s linked or not. Using a rewards card with your points loaded would get the discount too.

B21599F0-2FC7-484C-AFF0-837C59582E0A.jpeg

The small print from that page:

Merchandise Savings at Disney Theme Parks & Resorts

Offer and offer elements including, but not limited to, participating locations and eligible items, are subject to availability, capacity limitations, closures, and additional restrictions and exclusions, may change or be canceled without notice, and are not guaranteed. A $50 minimum pre-tax single transaction merchandise purchase is required to receive discount. Must use your valid Disney Visa Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card as form(s) of payment at the time of purchase for full amount of purchase and mention this offer.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter