Disney Villains After Dark --- I don't get it....

lexlaw69

Mouseketeer
Can someone kindly explain the disney villains after park admission? If i'm already in the park is it included or is this a COMPLETELY separate admission? Is it worth it to pay for just 3 hours? I don't get it...

Can someone kindly explain the disney villains after park admission? If i'm already in the park is it included or is this a COMPLETELY separate admission? Is it worth it to pay for just 3 hours? I don't get it...

Yes, it is a separate paid admission. If you already have entrance to MK that day it is 3 hours. If you go solely for the after hours event, you can enter at 7, thus making it a 5 or 6 hour event depending on the date of the event.

See this thread for all the details - https://www.disboards.com/threads/villains-after-hours-magic-kingdom-faq-discussion-thread.3776793/

Yes, it is a separate paid admission. If you already have entrance to MK that day it is 3 hours. If you go solely for the after hours event, you can enter at 7, thus making it a 5 or 6 hour event depending on the date of the event.

To piggy back off PP - only people with Villains After Hours tickets will be able to remain/enter in the park once the party officially begins. If you only have a regular park ticket, you will have to leave at the posted park closing time.

If you decide to get it and are already in the park prior to the After Hours admission, there will be different areas inside MK to get the necessary wrist band for the event.

I did the non-villainous After Hours version and it was one of the best experiences I had. That said, the Villains version seems to get mixed reviews as some people have experienced higher than expected crowds contributing to longer than expected wait times.

If you decide to get it and are already in the park prior to the After Hours admission, there will be different areas inside MK to get the necessary wrist band for the event.

I did the non-villainous After Hours version and it was one of the best experiences I had. That said, the Villains version seems to get mixed reviews as some people have experienced higher than expected crowds contributing to longer than expected wait times.

What makes it a great experience? Were the ride lines shorter? were any good rides open?

What makes it a great experience? Were the ride lines shorter? were any good rides open?
When we went last May it was such a great experience to where my husband said he would do ANY after hours offered during future trips, so this May we are doing all 3 currently offered. The lines when we went were all walk-on including SDMT, the park felt almost empty, we got lots of pictures of the park and castle with no human beings in them at all. We only hit the popular rides but did so multiple times each, Pirates, Splash, BTMR, Haunted, PP, SDMT, Winnie, SM, and all the rides in the park were open.

We’ve done both and the normal DAH is much better. It’s cheaper and less people were in the park for it. However, the ride lines are very short at both. They keep the majority of the rides open along with some meet and greets. You also get pop, popcorn, and ice cream.

Most attractions including all the roller coasters & splash mountain are open. Longest line was SDMT and that was a half hour wait. Everything else was pretty much walk on.

Complimentary popcorn, mickey bars (& mickey ice cream sandwiches), and soda.

I'm not sure about the Villains version, but MK's After Hours is the best ticketed event we've done. Just an awesome, memorable experience.
For most people, it really can't be justified BUT like all hard ticket parties some people can easily absorb the cost and have a good time. From a value perspective it does make the most sense for those who do not already have a park ticket for that day. Locals without APs, people in town for a convention who don't want to spend HOURS in any one park, people about to embark on or disembark from a cruise, etc

We are there during the Villains After Dark time frame but as a family of 4 I totally cannot justify this extra expense no matter how much I wanna do it.

It is definitely pricey...we are doing a short trip (3 days before we head to Tampa Area over spring break for the beaches) and decided to add it on...DVC discount helped with the cost, originally we were just going to do MK for one day, and relax the other 2...now we are doing MK for Villains after relaxing all day by the pool, and 1 day at Hollywood Studios. Ultimately we felt the value was there to absorb the cost (small lines, small waits, added features and shows with characters that you don't typically see, free popcorn, ice cream bars, and select drinks), and it gives us flexibility to go to another park now.

The AH events are great for making the days in the park more relaxing, but they are a big expense.

We’ve done both and the normal DAH is much better. It’s cheaper and less people were in the park for it. However, the ride lines are very short at both. They keep the majority of the rides open along with some meet and greets. You also get pop, popcorn, and ice cream.

We had the same experience. I loved the regular Magic Kingdom after hours event. We experienced the walk-ons, the sitting on Main Street for a picture, incredible photo opportunities, etc. The Villains party was a whole other beast. The lines were extraordinary; 30-40 minutes at times! The lines for the included snacks were absurd and so my husband and kids ended up just buying snacks, instead. I left and went to guest services to complain. I was given my entire entry cost in return (I did not demand anything) and the cast member said while the party had been sold out, more tickets were added and sold. There were two long lines of people waiting to complain because it was so bad. I will never do the Villains party again. The crowds are much more akin to a MVMCP or MNSSHP instead of a DAH.

I much prefer the villains but I love villains so much that may be why

We had the same experience. I loved the regular Magic Kingdom after hours event. We experienced the walk-ons, the sitting on Main Street for a picture, incredible photo opportunities, etc. The Villains party was a whole other beast. The lines were extraordinary; 30-40 minutes at times! The lines for the included snacks were absurd and so my husband and kids ended up just buying snacks, instead. I left and went to guest services to complain. I was given my entire entry cost in return (I did not demand anything) and the cast member said while the party had been sold out, more tickets were added and sold. There were two long lines of people waiting to complain because it was so bad. I will never do the Villains party again. The crowds are much more akin to a MVMCP or MNSSHP instead of a DAH.
Wow ours wasn’t that bad. I think it seemed more crowded in the hub because of the stage show and maleficent coming through. During a normal dah the hub stays pretty empty

I much prefer the villains but I love villains so much that may be why
I really enjoyed the event! It’s just different and I knew ahead it might be more crowded. I think I have to go into them with different mindsets. I thought the dance party in front of the castle was awesome.

We are there during the Villains After Dark time frame but as a family of 4 I totally cannot justify this extra expense no matter how much I wanna do it.
We are a family of 3 and got more out of the after hours events than we typically do from an entire day in the park. It is something I always make room in the budget for if it is offered. Nothing beats 3 hours of virtually empty Magic Kingdom. We were able to walk on almost every ride in the park. We rode BTMRR twice without getting off because there was no one waiting to get on.

this is likely to change though. The first set of Villains after hours were a limited run special event that we didn't know would be returning so a LOT of people went on those 9 nights. There is one a week Feb-July this year along with one regular DAH each week. The consensus seems to be that crowds won't be at nearly the same level, and I am inclined to agree with that. The higher cost combined with the option of a regular DAH should level out crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter