Disney Videography

Emily11212

Joe's Bride :-)
Hello everyone!

My fiance and I are a bit frustrated... b/c our reception is inside the park, we need to use Disney Videography. This was not always the policy, as my fiance's sister had her reception in the same place and used an outside vendor. We understand that policies change, but here's our dilemna.

Disney Videography costs three times more than what the outside company does, and DV is doing far less for us than the outside vendor. Every time we ask, "Can we have this or this" (which was included in the outside vendor's package), we are told it will be another $300, or another $400. Recently we asked if we could see a sample of a DV wedding video. They mailed us one, and we didn't like it at all... the editing of the reception was not well done, it looked like everything was done from one angle, and you couldn't hear anything except the music and the DJ. They told us we could get a microphone, but that would be an additional $400. And the length of what they put on the DVD of the reception wasn't that much... the outside vendor practically puts the whole thing on theirs!

Is anyone else in this boat? Are there any past brides who used DV? How did you feel about your package and video? Our next step was to discuss our worries with our wedding planner and with the video people (as tactfully as possible). I would love to hear from some past brides who used DV what you thought of your video, and even any future brides about what your thoughts might be.

Thank you guys. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter