• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney/Verizon Phone App Has Arrived?

The iPhone crowd already has several applications which are free, so really I don't see why the iPhone people are upset. Those of us on Verizon will have to pay. Those of us without Verizon and who have another carrier....well, maybe someone will develop a free app for all smart phones on al carriers, because we got nuthin'. An app for the Blackberry would be nice too that could be downloaded from Blackberry World. There are tons of Blackberry users on a lot of carriers.

Whoever hands over the $$$ are the ones that will get the apps and the users have no say....the guys in the advertising and marketing departments make those decisions. They'll never ask us :(

TBH the quality of those "free" apps reflect the price.

Even given that, though, seeing that the app is $10 for 6 months made me lose that little bit of regret I had for skipping over to AT&T a few months back.

I tweeted Disneyparks, the I'd for the Disneyparks Blog, and they responded rather quickly saying the app should be available "later today.". Cool.:banana:

what is a brew??

BREW is the application platform that Verizon uses instead of the more common Java ME. Almost all Verizon phones that can use applications, except the new Android phones and I believe the Blackberries (do Blackberries run any Verizon apps? I've never had one) are BREW-based phones. So if the Disney app is BREW-based, then it should run on most of the current crop of phones but probably NOT Blackberry or Android phones. It is possible that there is a BREW compatability system for the non-BREW phones though.

I have a Blackberry Storm and tried to downloan the app by texting 2777 to MAGIC - the response was "either the keyword is not valid or the application or the application is no longer available for purchase". Anyone else have this response?

I read on another site that you can only get attraction wait times when the phone is physically in the park and only for the park you are in. So for me it is pointless, I would like to know before I decide which park to hop to, or if I should stay at the current park I am at.

I have a Blackberry Storm and tried to downloan the app by texting 2777 to MAGIC - the response was "either the keyword is not valid or the application or the application is no longer available for purchase". Anyone else have this response?

Same phone same message. The Storm is one of the top of the line phones out there. You would think they would make it compatable.

I have an LG touch and I get the same not available message. I guess it is not available today!! Maybe tommorrow???

Via http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-first-disney-parks-mobile-app-now-available/

It’s here. Our first official Disney Parks mobile application is now available and you’re invited to check it out.

Trying Mobile Magic is simple. Verizon Wireless customers can download the application for $9.99 for 180 days. Just go to the Media Center to “Browse & Download,” then “Get New Applications.” You’ll then find Mobile Magic in the “Travel & Navigation” folder. The app can also be found by texting Magic to 2777 later today.

You should know that there’s a 24-hour free trial available for a limited time if you’d like to test it out. In either case, download and message charges may apply. Airtime or megabyte data charges may also apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications. You can access the Disney Parks mobile web site by going to either m.disneyland.com or m.disneyworld.com on your mobile web browser.

The application is ready to use but the team will be fine tuning it until January. Mobile Magic is bringing FASTPASS return times, attraction wait times for the park you are in, extensive information on character locations and more for Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks to your Verizon Wireless phone. And, even if you are not a Verizon Wireless subscriber, you can still use your mobile phone to access select park information and on the Disney Parks Mobile web sites.

Here’s the list of phones that the app is currently available on:

– LG Glance
- LG VX Chocolate
- LG Chocolate 3
- LG Decoy
- LG VX 8700
- LG Venus
- Moto Adventure
- Nokia 7205
- Samsung Renown
- Moto 325
- Samsung 540
- Samsung 550
- LG 5500
- Nokia 6205
- Moto 755
- UT Starcom 8950
- UT Starcom GC1-c711
- GZ1 – S Boulder
- Moto K1 -M
- Moto – L7c
- LG 8350
- Samsung Trance
- Moto V3m
- Moto Barrage
- Moto VU204

The list of Verizon Wireless phones that Mobile Magic will be available on is expected to grow to include “touch” handsets and smartphones in the upcoming weeks.

Of course, there are some official details you should know about: The downloadable Mobile Magic application for Verizon Wireless subscribers is available for purchase. Message and data rates also may apply. Coverage not available everywhere. Availability subject to handset limitations. If you’re under 18, get your parent’s permission first. Valid theme park admission required.

Wow, NONE of the enV series so far...I'm not familiar with all the phones, but I'm wondering if it is so far limited to those with a "portrait" orientation to the display, instead of the "landscape" or "widescreen" orientation becoming popular.

Will it work with the prepaid plans?

Motorola MOTO™ W755 Prepaid

Is that the same as the Moto 755 on the list?

Wow, NONE of the enV series so far...I'm not familiar with all the phones, but I'm wondering if it is so far limited to those with a "portrait" orientation to the display, instead of the "landscape" or "widescreen" orientation becoming popular.

Well my voyager has both orientations and the get it now option, and it still doesn't work. My poor barely a year old phone is apparently already obsolete. :sad2:

Well my voyager has both orientations and the get it now option, and it still doesn't work. My poor barely a year old phone is apparently already obsolete. :sad2:

It's not that your phone is obsolete. Notice that most of the phones listed are older phones. I have a LG enV3, and a Verizon rep told me that it should work on that if it works on the other LG listed. I don't think that the app is fully functional yet. Notice that it is STILL not on the Verizon Media Store online yet, and the 2777 text still gives the message saying that it is no longer for sale. It was "officially released" last night at 7pm central, according to Disney. I guess we will have to wait a couple of days to see how things shake out. You can see by my ticker that I don't have a whole lot of time to wait, so I am being very impatient!

What I am thinking of is that it is restricted to those phones with a "portrait" or vertically oriented screen of a particular resolution. Most of the flip-style phones and others have a fairly standard-sized screen. They could probably get to a large share of phones by focusing on that. Next would probably be other BREW phones with differing screens like the enV series (and probably Voyager - the enV Touch is essentially a Voyager 2, but they changed the name). Lastly will be the totally different platforms like Blackberry and Android.

Just my guess, but based on what I know of platform development.

I was able to get it, we leave Sunday 11-15 for 9 days, I've already put our trip dates in, can't wait to use it, I really thought they wouldn't have had it out for my trip but lucked out.

Thanks. Did the app allow you to view the wait times and fastpass info right away? Or do you have to be in the park to access it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter