Disney Vacation Club Holidays in Hollywood

I had booked this for the 22nd thinking I could cancel after the reviews on the 15th (48 cancellation policy).
I think that's 48 hours after booking, not 48 hours before the event. So you won't be able to judge how this goes on the 15th and then cancel. If you do, you would be surrendering your payment.

That's the way I read that.
1669816639765.png

I think that's 48 hours after booking, not 48 hours before the event. So you won't be able to judge how this goes on the 15th and then cancel. If you do, you would be surrendering your payment.

That's the way I read that.
View attachment 722114
You are correct. I booked this yesterday. It would have worked for us because we don’t have PH tickets for our upcoming trip nor do we have HS as one of our park reservations. After rereading my confirmation email, I called MS to cancel. No way am I forfeiting payment after 48 hours of booking. I told the MS CM to please pass along that’s why I cancelled. She agreed with me that it isn’t a very customer friendly policy.

So I spoke with MS today and she found the menu and shared it with me. Going off memory so may not be exact description but you will get the gist. It is a sit down dinner with ceasar salad, seasonal veggies, eggplant parm, penne with meatballs, pork with apple chutney I think, chicken breast with marsala, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread stuffing, dinner rolls and all you can eat dessert: apple tart, pumpkin pie, citrus cake with almonds maybe? Wine and beer. I got the impression you pick your entree. The event includes a reserved viewing area for the wonderful world of animation show. She did not say what entertainment would be during dinner but we were disconnected when she put me on hold to ask about accommodating picky eaters/allergies. I suspect a character or two in holiday attire. I did mention no pizza at pizzarizzo and she said she has the same thought! The animation show does not interest us. We have hoppers and park reservations. My Dad will only eat the rolls and desserts. Wouldn't surprise me if each guest gets a small "gift" of some sort but at the end of the day, I don't even want to justify this price tag for the offerings. I took my parents to the special event the 3 nights before TotWL officially opened and it was a similar price point. We had a ball and enjoyed it very much but would not pay that again to repeat the experience. I had booked this for the 22nd thinking I could cancel after the reviews on the 15th (48 cancellation policy). Not sure if I will wait for those reviews or not given we have sci-fi adr, ap's/hoppers, and park reservations already. Fantasmic HBD dining package on the 15th wins!
Thank you for sharing. I imagine that the food will come from Mama Melrose's kitchen.

So did anyone go? Are there any reports back from the 15th?

I know I wasn’t there but I am curious!
It was terrible. There were 68 people who booked. There was a small buffet with the makings for Caesar salad, penne with meatballs, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, chicken Marsala and sliced pork. The food was not good.

There were 3 desserts. There was sample size pumpkin pie tarts, apple tarts and citrus cake. There was beer, wine, pop, hot tea and hot chocolate packets.

There was a DJ upstairs and a photo opportunity with Mickey and Minnie. There were no decorations or even table clothes. It felt kind of like a bad office holiday party.

We have annual passes so the event may have had a higher rating from people who did not have park tickets.

We were there from 6:30 and left to go back to our resort at 7:00.

It was terrible. There were 68 people who booked. There was a small buffet with the makings for Caesar salad, penne with meatballs, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, chicken Marsala and sliced pork. The food was not good.

There were 3 desserts. There was sample size pumpkin pie tarts, apple tarts and citrus cake. There was beer, wine, pop, hot tea and hot chocolate packets.

There was a DJ upstairs and a photo opportunity with Mickey and Minnie. There were no decorations or even table clothes. It felt kind of like a bad office holiday party.

We have annual passes so the event may have had a higher rating from people who did not have park tickets.

Sounds awful. I'm sorry it went that bad for you.

Oh this is terrible. Just curious, why did you pay so much money when you have APs?

Thanks for the report. We're here and glad we didn't pay for this.

Chapek's lasting legacy, lol!

Oh this is terrible. Just curious, why did you pay so much money when you have APs?
We have been to events in the past that even though the price seemed high for those that had park admission, the event itself was well done and worth it.

We were interested to see what this would be like.

I have not stopped laughing since I read that email. $159USD for dinner at... PIZZERIZZO??? 🤣🤣🤣

(it's rat pizza). 😉
Ate at pizzarizzo recently and were severly disappointed. Dony know why Disney cant have an even pizza experience. We also had a wood fired pizza at Saratoga for the same price that was much better!

In all fairness it does say “More than just pizza, your festive feast includes delightful dishes inspired by holiday traditions around the world.”

I’ll actually be there, but honestly with no details and the PizzaRizzo location, I can think of better ways to spend $159 during a holiday visit at WDW. Thinking there are plenty of folks who will go, though.
What happened to all the free Midnight magic parties? This is why I purchased at the Grand Floridian as direct points recently to add to my Saratoga and OKW resale. hope this comes back in 2023 and beyond! Anyone know where they will be posted?

What happened to all the free Midnight magic parties? This is why I purchased at the Grand Floridian as direct points recently to add to my Saratoga and OKW resale. hope this comes back in 2023 and beyond! Anyone know where they will be posted?
DVC management announced at the Condo Association meeting on Dec. 8 that Midnight Magic would continue in 2023, with dates to be announced "later." So keep watching DISboards - as soon as any announcement is made, someone will share it!

They had them in 2022 and will in 2023. This was simply an additional paid event for DVC members to attend.

I believe this is the direction they will soon go to. Even though you shelled out big bucks for direct points, the advantage you will have is to be able to pay for perks. 🤔

I believe this is the direction they will soon go to. Even though you shelled out big bucks for direct points, the advantage you will have is to be able to pay for perks. 🤔
I agree.
They won't really need the blue card anymore soon, resale restrictions create such a difference between direct and resale that no other incentive is needed.
If you buy Riviera direct, you buy in a Vacation Club, in your buy resale, you're buying one resort.
Resale buyers at the original resorts won't be able to book the Disneyland hitel tower and maybe the new Poly building. And as time passes the difference will be bigger and bigger. 2042 will the a turning point.

The blue card will remain as a marketing tool as a way to sell upcharges, maybe as a gate to the AP discount, but it won't be the reason to buy direct anymore.
I cannot see many free Moonlight Magic events in our future.

I agree.
They won't really need the blue card anymore soon, resale restrictions create such a difference between direct and resale that no other incentive is needed.
If you buy Riviera direct, you buy in a Vacation Club, in your buy resale, you're buying one resort.
Resale buyers at the original resorts won't be able to book the Disneyland hitel tower and maybe the new Poly building. And as time passes the difference will be bigger and bigger. 2042 will the a turning point.

The blue card will remain as a marketing tool as a way to sell upcharges, maybe as a gate to the AP discount, but it won't be the reason to buy direct anymore.
I cannot see many free Moonlight Magic events in our future.

They are continuing in 2023. That has been announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter