Disney Vacation Club Holidays in Hollywood

Good Ol Gal

A Longhorn living in Buckeye Country
DVC Gold

HOLIDAY CELEBRATION IN HOLLYWOOD STYLE!

Received the following via email. We'll be there and have annual passes, so not sure if I'd want to spend $160 pp, especially when it doesn't tell me what exactly is included.
Celebrate the holidays as you dine with your Disney Vacation Club® family inside PizzeRizzo at Disney's Hollywood Studios®. More than just pizza, your festive feast includes delightful dishes inspired by holiday traditions around the world.

DISNEY VACATION CLUB HOLIDAYS IN HOLLYWOOD
When:
12/15 & 12/22*
Where: PizzeRizzo at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Price: $159 per adult, plus tax, $129 per youth (ages 3 – 20), plus tax
The price includes park admission & reservation to Disney's Hollywood Studios after 4:00 p.m. for each Guest and beer & wine for Guests 21 and older.

Who: Eligible Members who have made a reservation/modification before November 27, 2022, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time using their Membership (points or cash) to stay at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World® Resort over an event date

How: Event booking opens on November 29, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time​

In all fairness it does say “More than just pizza, your festive feast includes delightful dishes inspired by holiday traditions around the world.”

I’ll actually be there, but honestly with no details and the PizzaRizzo location, I can think of better ways to spend $159 during a holiday visit at WDW. Thinking there are plenty of folks who will go, though.

Yah, this is a joke. I guess it includes park admission (useless for AP), but the park is not closed for everyone else. Therefore rather useless unless it saves a day of park admission on some old NE ticket.

Also noticed there are now three paid events for TOTWL. Sigh.

Do they seriously think people will go for this with no details on what the food will be? I'm not committing that much money unless I know in advance what they'll actually be serving.

I have to say that park time isn't bad for this event - DHS closes at 9pm those nights, with 2 more Extended Evening hours. So that's up to 7 hours (minus the time spent eating).

But why PizzeRizzo, why?

Yah, this is a joke. I guess it includes park admission (useless for AP), but the park is not closed for everyone else. Therefore rather useless unless it saves a day of park admission on some old NE ticket.

Also noticed there are now three paid events for TOTWL. Sigh.
Yah, calling them "Bound to be Bad"? I mean, they probably will be for the price. I've never been impressed with their dessert parties. We'll be there most likely in January but I'm not going to drop more money than I already have on special events.

I did find it interesting that the lower price is for "youth" up to 20 years of age. IOW, in contrast to some other offerings, people who are too young to drink adult beverages don't have to pay the same price as those who are old enough. I don't remember seeing that before.

Too bad they don't have a lower price for those 21+ who don't drink alcohol.

We are there that night and have APs. Why would we pay $159 for a pizza party? This makes no sense at all.
We are there also and like you, we have AP's. But it might make some sense for people who don't have passes and would like some pizza and beer during their night at H.S.

I saw the email and read it as $159 for rat pizza. I couldn’t stop laughing! 😂
Husband and I were not impressed by this offering. At that price point, the event needs a better venue.

I was thinking it needed to include three anytime lighting lanes and it would be worth it for those who aren’t APs. They should have a separate rate for annual passholders to enjoy the party too if they wanted.

Don’t even tell me…

It includes park admission after 4pm AND park reservation. So is this an upcharge that some might consider paying if HS has no park reservations left and they want to go on that date to enjoy EEH?

Trying to figure out the angle here. There’s such a tiny amount of info. Some food in a questionable food location with beer and wine, and some hours in the park. Most DVC visitors will already have multiday tickets or APs.

I just really don’t understand this. They’re billing it as “Holiday in Hollywood” but it’s at Pizzarizzo. Will there be character meets or something? What justifies $160 per person as a blue card perk.

DH and I were discussing this more tonight. Who is the target audience?

If you already have a room booked, you most likely have a park reservation, which means you already have a ticket.

So maybe the target audience are blue card members who were planning on a resort only trip?

If you don't have a room booked, good luck getting one as DVC has very limited availability, if any, for those two nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter