Disney Vacation Account

Eeyore34

Earning My Ears
Hello! I understand that a Disney Vacation Account has to be open for 120 days in order for the account owner to receive the $20 for every $1000 spent. My question is whether there's any requirement that the $1000 be in the DVA for any particular amount of time. My current plan is to put some money in the account each month, but the biggest bulk of our cruise payment will go in right before our PIF date. I want to make sure I can get the bonus gift card on all money I run through the account, not just the little bits I'm putting away here and there. Thanks!

only spending from the account after the account is open 120 days counts towards the bonus. doesn't matter when you put the money in the account.

Sooo...there is a $20 credit for every 1000 spent? I am intrigued.... can anyone get that? Or is it a special deal?

Anyone can open the account. Just don't spend any of the deposited money until after it's open for 120 days.

There are limits. Currently, the program is only good through the end of next year, and if you spend more than $25,000 you stop getting bonuses.

From the Disney Vacation Account site:

Disney Vacation Account Bonus Program

What is the Bonus Program?
You'll be eligible for a $20 Disney Gift Card for every $1000 you spend on qualified vacation purchases with your Disney Vacation Account prior to December 31, 2017 (date subject to extension), up to a total maximum of $500 in Disney Gift Card(s) per household. Your Disney Vacation Account must be active for a minimum of 120 days at the time of spending in order to receive this bonus. All accounts registered to the same address are considered part of the same household.

Qualified vacation purchases include vacation packages for the Walt Disney World Resort or the Disneyland Resort, theme park tickets, room stays, cruise fare, and vacations by Adventures By Disney. Purchases of Disney Gift Cards are not qualified vacation purchases for purposes of this Bonus Program.

Request your Disney Gift Card(s) 4 to 6 weeks in advance of your vacation date to allow time for delivery to your mailing address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter