Disney v Universal

GORDYBOY

Earning My Ears
Hello from Scotland

I have been over to Disney twice and now my kids are getting big I have to say that Universal makes more appeal. Not only that but the Universal parks (including wetnwild/seaworld) offer real value for money.

The Universal guys are really giving Disney a run for them money as the theme parks contain some of the most exciting roller coasters etc that I have had the pleasure to sit on.

Any comments.

Cheers

going in november

DH and I will be visiting US while we are down there and can't wait to see the difference. We both love and adore WDW but like you said, there is more to offer young teens and young adults at US and Islands of Adventure.

I have been to Universal once, just got home back week, and to Disney once in 98. To me, Universal was a lot more fun, and the value with the 4 park flex ticket along with FOTL for onsite resort guests, Universal was an easy decision to make. As long as they have FOTL I will be choosing Universal!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

What is FOTL? and I assume it is cheaper than Disney?

We have never done anything but Disney(well, SeaWorld in 98).

Maybe this should be another option!

Convince me!

Hi Katie! FOTL - Front of the Line

This is a benefit that Universal Orlando extends to people that stay onsite, at the Hard Rock Hotel and Portofino Bay Hotel. It basically means that for staying onsite, you will have to wait no longer that 15 minutes to get on any ride or attraction. When we went last week, we usually could walk right on the rides by showing our room keys!!! For more information on this check out the Universal board on this site!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

Just wanted to say that USF is not to be missed! Both parks are great! We think USF puts MGM to shame! I like MGM but for DH & I its only about a half day park. We've done all the rides & most of the shows except for the strictly kids stuff since we don't have any yet.

We love all the Disney parks but to me MGM just doesn't measure up to USF. If you get the chance to go to USF definitely go! Its worth a day or two of your vacation. You won't be disappointed. We are foregoing Disney this year to go back to USF.

USF has a great deal more thrill rides & their simulator rides (Back To The Future, Spiderman, etc.) are the best anywhere in the world! There's a great program that's been running on The Learning Channel & The Discovery Channel called "Backstage at Universal Studios". If anybody can catch this show it goes into how they make everything work--its really cool!:cool:

Just back from Universal and WDW. First time to Universal. Our family was very disappointed in Universal. True, Universal had more amusement type rides, like the Hulk rollercoaster that my husband and daughter loved, but the feel was too much like a Six Flags or Carowinds amusement park. Very little charm. Also, we were dismayed by how many people were walking around shirtless or in bathing suit tops. We thought the atmosphere was trashier by far. King Kong and Jaws was lame. Terminator was disappointing. Enjoyed Spiderman the most and the restaurant Mythos was worth going to. But we loved MGM far better, especially the Tower of Terror and the feel at WDW just is not duplicated at Universal.

Trashier? lol I'll take trashy over............Anyway. We just bought season passes to Ia ans Us. We love it! It is not supposed to duplicate disney it is an alternative , If I
here its a small world one more time I'lll thow up!

T2 is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter