Disney Trip Reveal Ideas for Kids

Capo

Mouseketeer
Hey All!

Im planning a Disney trip next year and plan to tell my kids on Christmas morning as a special gift.

Does anyone have any great ideas on how to do a special "reveal?"

Thanks!

Hey All!

Im planning a Disney trip next year and plan to tell my kids on Christmas morning as a special gift.

Does anyone have any great ideas on how to do a special "reveal?"

Thanks!
We bought a blank puzzle off Amazon, put it together and wrote “Your going to Disney World!” On it with some Mickey designs then broke it apart into 3 bags, one for each kids stocking.

Our Elf writes a goodbye letter every year and at the closing of her goodbye letter she said there was a extra special surprise in everyone’s stocking and they had to work together to find out the surprise.

They worked on the puzzle for a bit and were of course completely over the moon because it was our first trip ever!

We did a puzzle, too - had Shutterfly make one from a photo we had taken of one of the entrance signs, with “Spring Break at WDW!” printed on it, and divided the pieces up for the three grandkids. I was surprised how long it took for them to figure it out! :rotfl2:

We did a little trivia game leading up to Xmas day. Made a paper chain of links with Disney trivia printed on them, and special links came with a little prize (like Disney trinkets from the dollar store, etc). For Xmas Day, he received a special scavenger hunt, which led to him finding a Stitch stuffed animal wearing a Magicband as a collar. My son had seen enough commercials on TV with Disney and the magicband use for rides, hotel access, etc, so he immediately knew what a magicband was and what it was used for. Later that day, Santa delivered a special package filled with trip information - Mickey and friends inviting him to WDW, Disney characters detailing the flight information, information on our Disney resort, and special dinner invitations from the corresponding Disney characters for meals (Pooh friends for Crystal Cafe, Stitch for Ohana, Belle and Beast for Be Our Guest, etc) along with a personalized autograph book I made for him to get signatures from his favorite Disney characters!

Oh, that's so exciting! I love a Christmas morning reveal! Weirdly, I wrote an article about this just a couple of weeks ago! This is my favorite Holiday reveal! Similar to those above that mentioned the puzzle as well, but bringing it together with an Advent Calendar so it comes together at the last minute with a sweet message. It won't let me link it, but you can find it on The Dis as A Special Way To Reveal A Disney Vacation This Christmas.

I hope you let us know what you decide to do. :-)

We got a cute little box from a shop on Etsy and it was the last gift they opened.

When they were 5 and 9 we did a simple scavenger hunt for our first trip. For a cruise reveal when they were 13 and 18, they got a full-blown escape room with animatronic parrot and interactive elements. I'm not sure if they grew more in that time or my imagination!

Thank you all! Please keep any ideas coming! Those are all great!

We included notes "From the desk of S> Claus" for each child, and highlighted something in the parks that excited each child, and then the reveal. In our case, the trip was to start quickly from the reveal (That day or up to three days ahead), so the excitement was instant. Still some of the greatest memories.

When my kids were younger, I bought them each a Disney Themed Small Rolling Suitcase/Backpack for the plane. And filled it with Disney items. Birnbaum Disney Book for Kids, Gift Cards, Magic Bands, Sunglasses, New Swimsuit etc.

When mine were little (2,4, and 5), we made the mistake of surprising them after they had opened all of their presents, and that did NOT go well. They just wanted to go play with their very real new toys and not pay attention to the fun reveal we had planned. So my advice is don't do it after gifts lol.

We surprised DD with a trip when she was 7. We'd been to Disney before, so I made a small photo album for her with pics from our last trip. On the very last page, there was an invitation from Cinderella to join her for breakfast on X date, as well as our our plane and park tickets (DD is now 30, so this was a while ago). She was so excited!

We did an elaborate treasure hunt once. What we learned is one of our kids does not like surprises, lol. She was happy enough to go, but much prefers having some notice to process things. But other kids loved it. In hindsight, we should have known better-I don't love surprises either!

I'm surprising my niece the day before we go to WDW. I found a letter from Ariel telling her she heard she was coming to Disney World. We're going to let her open one gift early for Christmas. In it are a pair of Mickey Ears, Croc Mickey and friends jibitz, a knock off loungefly backpack and  the letter from Ariel. We're going to tell her, time to pack we leave in the morning.

Just typing this makes me excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter