Disney Treasure DVC "First Wave" Sailing

Lorana

DIS Veteran
Got this in an email from DVC Member Services introducing me to the Disney Wish, and thought I'd pass it along as I hadn't seen it posted here yet:

Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members looking to experience the Member "First Wave" Sailing on the Disney Treasure (January 4 - 11, 2025) can begin booking on October 14, 2023! Keep an eye on your email and the Disney Vacation Club website, as more details about this Member-exclusive voyage will be released soon.

I'm super excited about this, because January 4-11 is the date I was looking to book!

I presume this likely means at least one guest will need to be booked on points?

Got this in an email from DVC Member Services introducing me to the Disney Wish, and thought I'd pass it along as I hadn't seen it posted here yet:

I'm super excited about this, because January 4-11 is the date I was looking to book!

I presume this likely means at least one guest will need to be booked on points?
I was hoping the Jan 4th sailing was going to be DVC!

Maybe not - the Member Cruise to the Mediterranean next May didn’t require it. See https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...-for-2024-disney-vacation-club-member-cruises.

Which do you think will be a more magical experience: the Maiden Voyage or the First Wave member cruise? I need to decide soon!

Which do you think will be a more magical experience: the Maiden Voyage or the First Wave member cruise? I need to decide soon!
That’s a tough one. The DVC cruise is likely to be less expensive, though.

I just realized I’ll be at an event on Oct 14, and I bet we have to call in for this. I need to figure out how I’m going to book this if the wait is longer than an hour on the phones…

I did not see anything from the Wish's first trip, but how is the DVC charted one different? Did you not get anything like a daily gift on a member cruise?

I did not see anything from the Wish's first trip, but how is the DVC charted one different? Did you not get anything like a daily gift on a member cruise?
Correct… no gifts, no special presentations or shows… it will be just like a normal cruise except everyone has to have booked through DVC.

They will have special merchandise just for the DVC sailing, at least they did with the Wish.

How many points would a single adult be for the 4 JAN? That timing works out great for my family, and I'd be very interested if I could pay for all three of us with cash...I'd love to take a DVC sailing.

But points aren't super-efficient, and so we might just wait on the Treasure until May 2025 and keep our points.

If it just has to be one person in your party paying via points, does anyone know if you can pay in points for the person that requires the least amount (child as a 3rd or 4th passenger)?

If it just has to be one person in your party paying via points, does anyone know if you can pay in points for the person that requires the least amount (child as a 3rd or 4th passenger)?

In the past we have been able to. ☺️
We have booked the third person with points on the Wish cruise last August. That also was “just” a DVC charter, not a Member Cruise.

Any guess how many points this might cost? I would use the point for a child and use cash for the rest of us.

Any guess how many points this might cost? I would use the point for a child and use cash for the rest of us.
For the fantasy in January it is about 250 points for the first person and then if you are booking with more than 2, the third is about 150 points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter