• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney trasport vs private car

seselby83

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide between the Disney bus to the port from Port Orleans or hiring a car. The price is about the same for 5 people and two car seats so not a deciding factor. What has been people's experience with the DCL buses? We are most concerned with being on the bus for a long time picking up at other hotels. 5 people traveling including a 1 and 3 year old. TIA

In your case, I would recommend the private car. You will have control over what time you leave (as opposed to Disney transport, which will give you one specific time) and won't have to worry about the bus making other stops.

I would go with a private car with a stop along the way to pick up snacks and beverages for the cruise.

We use the private car service (FL Tours) because as mentioned you get a stop (free of charge) at a store to pick anything you want but more so because it is just us, no other stops so less travel time and also if there are any issues with kids they car can stop if needed.

I've done the dcl bus multiple times with no problems & found it very easy & enjoyable. We, luckily, never had to stop at other resorts. For our trip next week, we will be using a private car to the port, just to insure we meet our 10:45 PAT; I don't want to miss a minute. Back to the airport we'll be using the DCL transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter