Disney Transportation

Question, in regards to OAC and using Dcl transportation, I get the fact that you have to use/do both in order to have your bags go directly to the airport without having to claim n the terminal. Right?

My question is this aso applicable to Miami? Or only to Orlando?

Thanks

I have a question about Disney's transfer service. Is there a limit on how many pieces of luggage they allow? (Like the airlines)

I have a question about Disney's transfer service. Is there a limit on how many pieces of luggage they allow? (Like the airlines)

No, no limit on # of bags per passenger. Keep in mind that once you arrive at the terminal, you will be lugging all carry-ons around the terminal and ship until your stateroom is available. But there is no limit to the number of bags for either the DCL transfers or at the ship the number of checked/carry-ons.

Enjoy your cruise!

can anyone recommend the least expensive means of transportation from port to the resorts?

can anyone recommend the least expensive means of transportation from port to the resorts?

Completely depends on the number of people in your party. DCL transfers are $35 pp each way. Children 2 and under are free. For a party of four with luggage I found that DCL was a better deal than any of the private car services. For five or six it may be cheaper to go with a car service. More than that it really depends because the more people the larger the vehicle so the cost goes up and again DCL transfers could be cheaper.

You really need to price it out from multiple options for your group.

I'm finding that the cost for car services varies greatly. We're a family of 5 going from the port to WDW. Just for reference, here are the prices I was quoted so far:

tiffany town car service $210, gratuity included (most expensive quote)
Southern Elegance SUV or Van $145, gratuity not included
Happy Limo $154, gratuity not included
town car now, $150, gratuity not included
space port transport $160 (pay with cash $150), gratuity not included

A rental car is likely your least expensive option, though depending on the size of your party it could be a challenge if you'll need multiple vehicles/drivers. We did a one-way rental for less than $50 all told (rental, tax, etc.) - for an intermediate car for a party of 3. But you have to deal with pick-up (and drop-off) and willing to do your own driving in unfamiliar territory. Check out rental rates, but keep in mind that sometimes the best deals on car rentals don't come out until maybe 4-6 weeks prior.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ok, let me see if I've got this right. We're staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before our cruise (Friday). We get up Saturday and have our luggage, with the DCL tags, sitting next to our door by ~8am. We kill time until our bus leaves and don't see our bags again until they're delivered to our stateroom. Is that correct? How does DCL know our room number at the Hyatt? How do we know what bus we're assigned to?

Ok, let me see if I've got this right. We're staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before our cruise (Friday). We get up Saturday and have our luggage, with the DCL tags, sitting next to our door by ~8am. We kill time until our bus leaves and don't see our bags again until they're delivered to our stateroom. Is that correct? How does DCL know our room number at the Hyatt? How do we know what bus we're assigned to?

The luggage is transferred from the Hyatt to the DCL transportation by the Hyatt handlers. I've read where you will receive a tag to hand to the DCL transportation people when you checkin (or to the bus driver, not sure) that notifies them to make sure that your bags have been transported down to the transportation desk.

You aren't "assigned" to a specific bus. Once you check in at the DCL transportation desk, you will board the next available bus. As the busses fill (or every 20 minutes - whichever is first) they depart.

So now that MCO check-in is no more, is there any reason to get on the early bus? Isn't our boarding time assigned when we check-in online? Or is the order based on when you check-in at Port Canaveral?

So now that MCO check-in is no more, is there any reason to get on the early bus? Isn't our boarding time assigned when we check-in online? Or is the order based on when you check-in at Port Canaveral?

Your actual boarding number is tied to your PAT (that you select during your online check in process). Regardless of when you check in at the port, you will receive the same boarding number.

When you check in at the Hyatt you tell them you are taking DCL transfers*. They give you a letter and put you on the list.

The next morning they come to your room, knock, and come in. If you're there, let them in and they take them. If you've already left, they come in on their own and take them. You don't leave them outside.

And for us it wasn't BY 8, it was starting AT 8. For us they showed up at 8:30 or 9, I believe.

When you're ready to go, you just go down and check in with the DCL transfer people.

*I totally forgot to do this, but the bellman was making small talk while waiting for the elevator with us, and when he found out we were going on the cruise he asked about it. He then ran back to the front desk, put us on the list, and got our letter.

Ok quick question ? We're leaving tomorrow and are returning a rental car to port. Here's my questions: 1.) I know I read somewhere the port times changed what is the earliest we can arrive and drop luggage with porters to return rental car? 2.) can I just drop luggage with porters and then me and my family turn the rental car or does my wife need to remain at port with our luggage and wait for me to return?

Ok quick question ? We're leaving tomorrow and are returning a rental car to port. Here's my questions: 1.) I know I read somewhere the port times changed what is the earliest we can arrive and drop luggage with porters to return rental car? 2.) can I just drop luggage with porters and then me and my family turn the rental car or does my wife need to remain at port with our luggage and wait for me to return?

your wife does not need to remain in port. But unless she uncomfortable staying by her self I would just leave her. She can check you guys in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter