• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney to "Quiet the Noise" in Culture Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
This whole thing has gotten so out of proportion. I just want it to go away. No idea how either side can back down quietly now, but that's why I'm not getting eleventy billion to be a CEO or running for president. Figure it out, boys, and let the rest of us get back to normal controversies like renaming Liver Lips.

As a many-decades old male, I'm actually convinced at this point in my life it's time for the "boys" to step aside and let some of the "girls" figure it out. We are so overdue for that in this country..........
While I agree with sentiment - some of the “girls” are not a significant upgrade - how about let’s get the “adults” back in the room.

I don't "understand" the need for all the "quotation" marks these "days".
Lol that reminds me of the time a WDW menu had something like:

”Buttermilk” “Chicken” on “Sourdough Bread”

I forget exactly what it was but maybe a vegan sandwich? 2018 era.

Of course Josh from EasyWDW picked right up on that one :laughing: Miss him and his commentary often. Just last night I made rice and white corn as sides with chicken breast and thought about his hilarious takes on all-beige and all-yellow platters served at WDW.

Fine with me. I am so sick to death of people crying and arguing about this. The conversations about this on these boards and other sites have given me a migraine.

The "controversy" about the live action Little Mermaid movie was truly one of the most embarrassing displays I've ever seen from Disney fans online.

I have still yet to see one person who actually complained about the skin color of the live action Little Mermaid. I saw posts, Tik Toks, etc. of those claiming that people were "up in arms", but I never myself saw one negative thing about it. I'm not saying there weren't some idiots out there with the opinions, but I never saw any outrage about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter