Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck - and what a deal!!!

Where and when??!! That's the lowest rate I've even seen, by like half!

From reading posts on another thread, my understanding is that it’s only $169 more to stay CL than non CL for his 4 nights. I agree, a CL rate of $169 a night would be amazing, and probably hasn’t been seen for 20+ years :laughing:.
OH yes, $169 additional compared to my original BC room reservation. Let me clarify that in my original post! Sorry for the confusion! It came to about 37% off based off rack rate. Sorry for the confusion!

OH yes, $169 additional compared to my original BC room reservation. Let me clarify that in my original post! Sorry for the confusion! It came to about 37% off based off rack rate. Sorry for the confusion!

Oh my goodness, I had a minor heart attack, thinking I've been doing it wrong all along! LOL!!! :worship: Still a great deal for an upgrade!! Enjoy!

What does overlapping a split stay mean for FP? I’m doing my first split stay and need to figure out how to do my FP!
Making a third reservation that covers both parts of the split stay

Split stay: Apr 1-4 at BC, Apr 4-8 at YC
Make a reservation for Apr 1-8 at All Stars

Now your 60 window will open for all 8 days at once.

The assumption is that when you eventually cancel the 8 day (in my example) reservation, the FPs won’t be canceled because you have resort stays for each of those days.

Making a third reservation that covers both parts of the split stay

Split stay: Apr 1-4 at BC, Apr 4-8 at YC
Make a reservation for Apr 1-8 at All Stars

Now your 60 window will open for all 8 days at once.

The assumption is that when you eventually cancel the 8 day (in my example) reservation, the FPs won’t be canceled because you have resort stays for each of those days.
If you have to do all that, what's to stop people from booking March 28-April 8 to get a few days advance on the window?

If you have to do all that, what's to stop people from booking March 28-April 8 to get a few days advance on the window?
Because now you need a resort reservation linked to every day you have a fastpass. So when you would cancel the overlapping reservation those fastpasses that aren’t tied to the split stay would be gone.

As of this week, nothing prevents this. Which has been my point throughout this thread, no ‘strategies’ have been precented by the changes.

Because now you need a resort reservation linked to every day you have a fastpass. So when you would cancel the overlapping reservation those fastpasses that aren’t tied to the split stay would be gone.

If you have overlapping reservations and drop the one that opened the window )the EOWO), then the FP are still “protected” but the “real” resort reservation. But yes, you cannot now have FP >30 days out without a reservation that doesn’t cover all FP days.

As of this week, nothing prevents this. Which has been my point throughout this thread, no ‘strategies’ have been precented by the changes.

If you have overlapping reservations and drop the one that opened the window )the EOWO), then the FP are still “protected” but the “real” resort reservation. But yes, you cannot now have FP >30 days out without a reservation that doesn’t cover all FP days.

This last part is not exactly true. They are not cancelling FP if you cancel your room in the 30-60 window. The don’t send an email that they are going to do it and they don’t actually cancel them either...BUT - at this point you can not modify them.

I had a legit first half split stay with FP planned for April 8-11 that I cancelled. My FP from april 9th are still there - but I cannot change them.

I am going to see what happens when they are in the 30 day window to see if they are still legit..

But you wouldnt have fp booked for the first several days because you arent really going to be there. Ultimately you'd only book for the actual days of your vacation

This last part is not exactly true. They are not cancelling FP if you cancel your room in the 30-60 window. The don’t send an email that they are going to do it and they don’t actually cancel them either...BUT - at this point you can not modify them.

I had a legit first half split stay with FP planned for April 8-11 that I cancelled. My FP from april 9th are still there - but I cannot change them.

I am going to see what happens when they are in the 30 day window to see if they are still legit..

I think we are talking about different things.

FYI. Inside 30 days the FPs in your situation can be modified at that point.

But you wouldnt have fp booked for the first several days because you arent really going to be there. Ultimately you'd only book for the actual days of your vacation
Ohh I see. So it’s still giving you a leg up on everyone else. So this is still allowed?

Basically all Disney accomplished was giving another group of guests a motivation to make dummy bookings.
Yep. This change makes absolutely no sense.

And it's an easy fix to stop the dummy bookings. As a previously said, if a FP is made > 30 days out, tie it to the check in date of the reservation that opened the window. As long as there is a reservation in MDE for each night between the check in date the FP is attached to and the date of the FP, it's good.

Have we actually had confirmation of this? People lost FP’s when they didn’t have a resort reservation covering their days? What if they wait until inside 30 to cancel? I thought none of that was solved yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter