Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is not really for Jen.
What is the relevance of the 60 and 30 day windows if she is an ap holder in this case and has to cancel either of the reservations? Is she better off waiting till she gets inside the 30 day mark? Does it matter and why?

In my situation, I am not an AP holder. I have a package stay along with a RO reservation (my split) and then I have another overlapping package reservation, with tickets for the same duration as my split stay package reservation. So, for me, I will need to cancel my whichever package I don't use 30 days before my stay begins. If my understanding is correct, it will not make any difference if I cancel anywhere between 60 and 30 days because I will still have a reservation that covers the entire length of my stay. I don't know if that answers your question or not. Sorry, but I can't provide any guidance on the AP issue.

My FP window opened this morning and I can confirm that I was only able to book the first part of my split stay. I have an AP and I’m staying May 4-8 at WL and then May 8-13 at YC. I was only able to book through the 8th, which was expected and yet still disappointing. It’s just annoying to have to do it all over again on a second day instead of being able to do it all at once like I’ve done for every other split stay. I’m also not optimistic about my chances at SWGE if it’s open for my post-Thanksgiving trip, as I have 10 nights split evenly between the PO resorts.

But on a positive note, availability was fantastic this morning. I didn’t book until almost 9:30 and I was able to get 7DMT at Day 60 and 62 and FOP at 61 and 63. I didn’t try for SDD (that’s my hope for my second window), but had zero issues booking the rides and times that I wanted.

My FP window opened this morning and I can confirm that I was only able to book the first part of my split stay. I have an AP and I’m staying May 4-8 at WL and then May 8-13 at YC. I was only able to book through the 8th, which was expected and yet still disappointing. It’s just annoying to have to do it all over again on a second day instead of being able to do it all at once like I’ve done for every other split stay. I’m also not optimistic about my chances at SWGE if it’s open for my post-Thanksgiving trip, as I have 10 nights split evenly between the PO resorts.

But on a positive note, availability was fantastic this morning. I didn’t book until almost 9:30 and I was able to get 7DMT at Day 60 and 62 and FOP at 61 and 63. I didn’t try for SDD (that’s my hope for my second window), but had zero issues booking the rides and times that I wanted.

Just curious but what sort of times happened to be available for SDMT and FOP early on in your window?

Was FOP available in the morning on 60+1?

Thanks!

If I were you I’d attempt to make a room only reservation for your entire stay , on top of your split so you can make the rest of your fastpasses. Then cancel the room only later.

Does that really work out for my dates as well?
I have a split stay on 12/21-12/22 at AoA and Movies Resort from 12/22-12/28, booked via expedia and linked to MDE with a separate 7day ticket.
So if I book an additional overlapping 7nights stay at Movies from 12/21-12/28, will I be able to make all fastpasses 60 days out at once?
I thought that Disney will cancel these fastpasses if I would cancel the 7nights Movies stay during the 30days booking window??

Last edited:

Does that really work out for my dates as well?
I have a split stay on 12/21-12/22 at AoA and Movies Resort from 12/22-12/28, booked via expedia and linked to MDE with a separate 7day ticket.
So if I book an additional overlapping 7nights stay at Movies from 12/21-12/28, will I be able to make all fastpasses 60 days out at once?
I thought that Disney will cancel these fastpasses if I woud cancel the 7nights Movies stay during the 30days booking window??

Supposedly, if you have another reservation linked to your account, as well as valid tickets on the days of the fastpass they should not get cancelled. It’s a lack of Resort reservation number that ends up canceling fastpasses.

That's really cool to hear you weren't online till 9:30 to book your FPs. When my window opens I won't be able to get to my FP ressies till about 6:45 when I arrive at school. That's 7:45 Disney time. The only headliners I'm looking for is 7DMT and TT. We don't visit HS and FoP will not work with my wacky motion sickness. JETSDAD already asked, but what were your FP times for 7DMT and FoP. I'm also curious to how many were in your party?

The reports of availability since the "crackdown" seems to indicate that if everyone is forced to play by the rules and abuse is eliminated or reduced then the system functions as it is supposed to for everyone. Perhaps all the "strategists" that keep justifying their actions by claiming they aren't hurting anyone should consider that all of a sudden the impossible to get FP+ options are available at 60 and 61 days.

The reports of availability since the "crackdown" seems to indicate that if everyone is forced to play by the rules and abuse is eliminated or reduced then the system functions as it is supposed to for everyone. Perhaps all the "strategists" that keep justifying their actions by claiming they aren't hurting anyone should consider that all of a sudden the impossible to get FP+ options are available at 60 and 61 days.

I wonder if this will still be true for a busier time than May......

I wonder if this will still be true for a busier time than May......

Seeing that WDW rolls at a consistently high onsite hotel occupancy year round it shouldn't make a difference since those are the only people who are supposed to be able to book during that window.

Most of the changes in crowd levels come from offsite guests because Disney does such a good job of varying their onsite price points to fill unused inventory.

But no strategist has been prevented from employing said strategies. They all still work! (I’m not saying that is good or bad, but it’s factual. All the strategies still work just fine.)

So the new found FP availability isn’t due to lack of working strategies. I’d suspect it’s due to May (the month).

That's really cool to hear you weren't online till 9:30 to book your FPs. When my window opens I won't be able to get to my FP ressies till about 6:45 when I arrive at school. That's 7:45 Disney time. The only headliners I'm looking for is 7DMT and TT. We don't visit HS and FoP will not work with my wacky motion sickness. JETSDAD already asked, but what were your FP times for 7DMT and FoP. I'm also curious to how many were in your party?

You should not have issues getting 7DMT and definitely not for TT. You may have to take an afternoon time for 7DMT but several days after my window opened, there are still evening times for my 60th day.

Most of the changes in crowd levels come from offsite guests because Disney does such a good job of varying their onsite price points to fill unused inventory.

I totally agree with you. The resorts are always pretty much full. But these seasonal swings in FP availability happen ever year. When booking for spring breaks end, May comes and there is newfound availability.

It’s either (a) less park crowds means Disney adds more FP to the pool (this does make sense, but we have no access to the data) or (b) off site strategists are fewer (as the total number of off site guests shrinks during May).

On a tangent train of thought.......................

It appears there may be an announcement in the next day or two regarding a possible early opening of SWGE in maybe even July.

If SWGE opens up way earlier than "late fall" as advertised in the past, the whole system will endure a seismic shift of activity from Day 1 and on.

There will be no way to judge the impact of any FP policy changes once the SWGE tsunami hits WDW.

edit: and that shock will start occurring as early as 74 days before SWGE Day 1.

Last edited:
On a tangent train of thought.......................

It appears there may be an announcement in the next day or two regarding a possible early opening of SWGE in maybe even July.

If SWGE opens up way earlier than "late fall" as advertised in the past, the whole system will endure a seismic shift of activity from Day 1 and on.

There will be no way to judge the impact of any FP policy changes once the SWGE tsunami hits WDW.
We will get an announcement on DL's opening not WDW. The WDW version will not open in July.

You should not have issues getting 7DMT and definitely not for TT. You may have to take an afternoon time for 7DMT but several days after my window opened, there are still evening times for my 60th day.

I'm okay with afternoon times on 7DMT....as early as noon or 1 would be fine. I planned on leaving the park by 1 but everything depends on when that Mine Train FP happens. Since I'm doing 2 days at MK 60+1 and 60+3....I think I should be okay. We are going to return to MK in the evening on the 60+3 day. I planned on that evening being the do our fav rides again no matter where they are in the park. However....if MK stays open till 10....we will only do that first hour of EMH, but still catch all our fav rides. I know for sure HM, Pooh, Buzz, and Splash will be on the list. So DS and I will definitely be trekking across the MK that evening!

We will get an announcement on DL's opening not WDW. The WDW version will not open in July.
Hmmmm.........

from wdwnt--fresh post on main page at top:

" If sources are to be believed, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in Florida in September/October, with preview events set to start in late July. A lot still has to go right for this to happen, but it sounds likely."

Hmmmm.........

from wdwnt--fresh post on main page at top:

" If sources are to be believed, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in Florida in September/October, with preview events set to start in late July. A lot still has to go right for this to happen, but it sounds likely."
Yes I have seen that. That says previews in July according to their sources. However according to mine that ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter