Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there another thread about changes to the umbrella? I had what I consider an interesting experience booking or attempting to book fp and would like to see if it was just me or a change to the fp system.

I saw a post (maybe in this thread) from @anomamatt about changes with the umbrella.

Yes, the way the umbrella works has changed (somewhat). You can still add people / phantoms as before, but you can no longer book FPs that don't have someone on the resort stay on the FP (you used to be allowed to unselect the resort guest and proceed to book, due to MDE quirkiness). You can cancel off the resort guest, but you cannot modify the FP of the umbrella'd guests, unless there is a resort guest on there.

MDE was always a bit quirky with respect to the umbrella and some of the quirks have changed to new quirks.

What specifically are you seeing @pepperandchips ?

Yes, the way the umbrella works has changed (somewhat). You can still add people / phantoms as before, but you can no longer book FPs that don't have someone on the resort stay on the FP (you used to be allowed to unselect the resort guest and proceed to book, due to MDE quirkiness). You can cancel off the resort guest, but you cannot modify the FP of the umbrella'd guests, unless there is a resort guest on there.

MDE was always a bit quirky with respect to the umbrella and some of the quirks have changed to new quirks.

What specifically are you seeing @pepperandchips ?

Basically what you explained - when booking new fp, I could select guests not associated with a resort stay, add a guest associated with a resort stay to “open the window” for the offsite guests, remove the onsite guest by de-selecting that person, pick a park, select fastpass and times and everything... but they would just never save. Figured it was an effect of the recently rolled out fp changes combined with the older version of the app I’m running. If this is being discussed elsewhere, I’m happy to join (send me a bat signal) as I don’t want to derail this thread again :D

Basically what you explained - when booking new fp, I could select guests not associated with a resort stay, add a guest associated with a resort stay to “open the window” for the offsite guests, remove the onsite guest by de-selecting that person, pick a park, select fastpass and times and everything... but they would just never save. Figured it was an effect of the recently rolled out fp changes combined with the older version of the app I’m running. If this is being discussed elsewhere, I’m happy to join (send me a bat signal) as I don’t want to derail this thread again :D

You can still do this. You just have to skip the step where you “deselect the on-site person.” The on-site person has to be in the group when you make the FP, but you can delete him/her after you’ve made the FP.

Is there another thread about changes to the umbrella? I had what I consider an interesting experience booking or attempting to book fp and would like to see if it was just me or a change to the fp system.
I have a trip booked for April for myself and our daughter. My husband isn’t going but he has an AP. I was just able to add him to one of our FPs but when I tried to modify it for him, I couldn’t. I could cancel his FP but I could not change the attraction or time. I assume that this is because I’m outside of 30 days for that particular date.

I have a trip booked for April for myself and our daughter. My husband isn’t going but he has an AP. I was just able to add him to one of our FPs but when I tried to modify it for him, I couldn’t. I could cancel his FP but I could not change the attraction or time. I assume that this is because I’m outside of 30 days for that particular date.

I was just about to add to my post above - while you can MAKE a FP for someone using your on-site stay, you can’t MODIFY it if there’s no on-site person in the FP group (or, in your case, if you’re only trying to modify it for the off-site person). I, too, am guessing that will change once you’re inside 30 days, but none of my testing has gotten to that point!

I was just about to add to my post above - while you can MAKE a FP for someone using your on-site stay, you can’t MODIFY it if there’s no on-site person in the FP group (or, in your case, if you’re only trying to modify it for the off-site person). I, too, am guessing that will change once you’re inside 30 days, but none of my testing has gotten to that point!

Thanks very much for the additional data points! In our case it was no big deal - we are planning to meet up with friends who are staying at Pop but I didn’t actually need/want to match their fp plans; I was just tinkering on the app to see what had changed. Thanks for confirming which parts of umbrella are still functional!!

Thanks very much for the additional data points! In our case it was no big deal - we are planning to meet up with friends who are staying at Pop but I didn’t actually need/want to match their fp plans; I was just tinkering on the app to see what had changed. Thanks for confirming which parts of umbrella are still functional!!
  • Just another data point to add to the umbrella method.
  • I added my husband (who is not on our resort reservation) to one of our FPs. This FP has is for a day that is >30 days away.
  • Then I modified the reservation for him and my daughter (who is on the reservation). No problem there.
  • I then modified that FP reservation to change her time back to the time I had booked for her and me. Again, no problem there.
  • Lastly, I tried to modify my husband’s FP and could not.
So, using this method, you could “umbrella” and then modify FPs for a non-resort guest as long as there is a resort guest also on the FP reservation. I’m going to keep my husband’s FP for a few days until I’m inside 30 days and I’ll try to modify it then.

I wonder if excessive use of EOWO will lead to Disney preventing overlapping resort reservations for the same guests? Although that will decrease the number of people who simultaneously book GF Grand Villas to shower/nap while staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge (anyone remember that thread?).
That was a classic. :laughing:

I wanted to report my experience this morning with making an overlapping reservation. I have a split stay booked with time at a deluxe, however, I'm not sure finances will allow us to do it, so as a back up I booked a package at Port Orleans, which I have heard great things about!
The PO reservation covers the same dates as my deluxe split stay, and I while the system glitched on me several times, I was ultimately able to make this reservation. I should know within a few weeks whether we will be able to afford the deluxe split stay, and if so I will cancel the PO reservation.
But, as of this morning, no problems making an overlapping reservation.

I wanted to report my experience this morning with making an overlapping reservation. I have a split stay booked with time at a deluxe, however, I'm not sure finances will allow us to do it, so as a back up I booked a package at Port Orleans, which I have heard great things about!
The PO reservation covers the same dates as my deluxe split stay, and I while the system glitched on me several times, I was ultimately able to make this reservation. I should know within a few weeks whether we will be able to afford the deluxe split stay, and if so I will cancel the PO reservation.
Will you know your plans, and cancel the reservation, before or after the 60 day mark?

FWIW

I had to call member services today. So while I was on the phone I asked about continuous FP booking on a DVC split stay. He said he knew there were recent fastpass updates. He could not find the answer so put me on hold. When he came back on, he said they are aware there are issues with FP especially when there is an AP. However, once the FP issues are corrected, split stays should be treated as continuous at least for DVC.

FWIW

I had to call member services today. So while I was on the phone I asked about continuous FP booking on a DVC split stay. He said he knew there were recent fastpass updates. He could not find the answer so put me on hold. When he came back on, he said they are aware there are issues with FP especially when there is an AP. However, once the FP issues are corrected, split stays should be treated as continuous at least for DVC.
Wonder what their definition of "FP Issues" is.... what is it that THEY see that is wrong and needs to be fixed?

My question is not really for Jen.
What is the relevance of the 60 and 30 day windows if she is an ap holder in this case and has to cancel either of the reservations? Is she better off waiting till she gets inside the 30 day mark? Does it matter and why?

I messaged DVC member services 3 times now regarding the same question as you and also was told as long as the reservations are linked on MDE and you have a valid ticket you will be able to book through a split stay. They also indicated this was supposed to be across all Disney resorts..not just DVC. So they lost me there since we have seen multiple times this not to be the case. I have a feeling DVC should be fine though.

FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter