Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney may be waiting to cancel the FP on check in day or what was supposed to be check in day. They see that the resort is no longer on your MDE so once you enter the park the FP become void just like if you try to use a FP with no park ticket. Maybe everything has to be in place for them to work. Just speculation but that's what we are all doing anyway.
Zero chance this happens.

Not sure that’s the case if there is a supposed grace period to allow for changes.
True but once your in the park, a grace period wouldn't be valid anyway. But like I said, Just speculation :) But that's why I follow your post. You seem to get the news out super fast and are usually on point.

After writing to let Disney World Management know of my dissapointment with the fastPass+ 60 day window change with regards to legitimate consecutive onsite Resort stays, here is the email response I received yesterday from Disney World Guest Services:

“Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the recent change to the Disney FastPass+ system.
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our recent changes. The Disney FastPass+ service helps our Guests make the most of their limited time in our Theme Parks. I understand this makes it all the more frustrating when you are unable to get the selections you had hoped for.
Resort Guests with split Resort reservations will continue to have the ability to create Disney FastPass+ selections 60 days prior to each check-in period.”

After writing to let Disney World Management know of my dissapointment with the fastPass+ 60 day window change with regards to legitimate consecutive onsite Resort stays, here is the email response I received yesterday from Disney World Guest Services:

“Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the recent change to the Disney FastPass+ system.
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our recent changes. The Disney FastPass+ service helps our Guests make the most of their limited time in our Theme Parks. I understand this makes it all the more frustrating when you are unable to get the selections you had hoped for.
Resort Guests with split Resort reservations will continue to have the ability to create Disney FastPass+ selections 60 days prior to each check-in period.”
Hmmmm, they seem to want to convince us it's always been this way. I have booked many split stays. No shenanigans, we actually fully pay for and stay in both hotels. Dining has had two dates (each check in date) but FP's have been available across the entire onsite WDW visit.
I will continue to track this. Thankfully, our next visit was never planned as a split stay.

Well, technically they are right. We can continue to make FP selections at 60 days prior to EACH reservation. They aren't taking that away.

Hey all! Anyone know what will happen to fastpasses if I remove a person from a reservation? They would be on at the 60 day mark when booking then after 30 days or so I would call to remove just 1 person, leaving everyone else on.

Hey all! Anyone know what will happen to fastpasses if I remove a person from a reservation? They would be on at the 60 day mark when booking then after 30 days or so I would call to remove just 1 person, leaving everyone else on.
I don’t think it would matter. The umbrella method is still an option for families where some are staying onsite and others are offsite. So removing a person from your hotel reservation should not affect their FPs, nor yours.

But this is Disney IT so nothing that actually makes sense is a given.

I’m thinkign the only reason to do this is to take them off a dining reservation or something? But I’m that case - you must have an AP because package updates needs to be made at 45 days right? Would this person still have tickets?

You should not book 2 rooms at the same resort with the same name. I’m pretty sure you can have 2 rooms with different lead names.

But I think 2 rooms at different resorts May have different rules (although your magic band can’t open 2 doors at once - so the crazy thread referenced early does sort of make sense that one can’t be linked)!

Hi everyone! So I wanted to just check and see if the Disney site and MDE let me book a room only reservation for the same resort/same room type/same guests.
It did let me. I made the reservations for December. The confirmation numbers were also different.

Here is a picture of them both linked in my mde account.

E6438D65-FE85-4CA2-AC11-755A95FC6666.jpeg

Hmmmm, they seem to want to convince us it's always been this way. I have booked many split stays. No shenanigans, we actually fully pay for and stay in both hotels. Dining has had two dates (each check in date) but FP's have been available across the entire onsite WDW visit.
I will continue to track this. Thankfully, our next visit was never planned as a split stay.
We have been discussing how split stays were "collateral damage" and that they were trying to fix something else and wound up breaking the FPs for consecutive split stays. But, it sounds to me that the change was done on purpose. They want to simply open FPs when that stay starts. They don't want to provide a FP advantage to those that book a split stay and then cancel the leading reservation. It deals effectively with taking away the incentive for making leading split stay reservations simply to get FPs and should help with cancelled reservations within 30 days.

Last edited:
I’m thinkign the only reason to do this is to take them off a dining reservation or something? But I’m that case - you must have an AP because package updates needs to be made at 45 days right? Would this person still have tickets?

It would be a RO reservation but once I took that family member off I would call to add the dining plan. Now I cant remember how soon in advance you have to add it. Again not a package reservation. Yes the family member would still have tix.

Since I have heard the umbrella still works but you cant modify the offsite person fastpasses once booked so I was trying to think of other options.

Except that dividing reservations this way puts Disney in violation of their own 'rules'. The WDW FP+ page explicitly states that "you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay." NOT reservation...stay.

Or to put it another way, WDW and DVC CMs called them 'split stays' and not 'double stays' for a reason.

We have been discussing how split stays were "collateral damage" and that they were trying to fix something else and wound up breaking the FPs for consecutive split stays. But, it sounds to me that the change was done on purpose. They want to simply open FPs when that stay starts. They don't want to provide a FP advantage to those that book a split stay and then cancel the leading reservation. It deals effectively with taking away the incentive for making leading split stay reservations simply to get FPs and should help with cancelled reservations within 30 days.

Totally agree with you !

Totally agree with you !

Yea I think the reason split stays worked differently for FP than for ADRs (as in having one window for FP and separate windows for ADRS) was because of a quirk with the FP system. Probably the same quirk that allowed for you to book offsite FP before 30 days out once an onsite window opened and the rolling 60 window. I don't think those were policy decisions just the way the system worked. I don't know that they specifically wanted to target split stays with the change but Disney obviously wants to treat split stays as separate reservations or else they would have the ability to link them.

Unfortunately, this change just incentivizes overlapping reservations (which actually cause more cancelled days) instead of leading reservations. Until any additional changes are made at least...

I don’t think it would matter. The umbrella method is still an option for families where some are staying onsite and others are offsite. So removing a person from your hotel reservation should not affect their FPs, nor yours.

But this is Disney IT so nothing that actually makes sense is a given.

It would be a RO reservation but once I took that family member off I would call to add the dining plan. Now I cant remember how soon in advance you have to add it. Again not a package reservation. Yes the family member would still have tix.

Since I have heard the umbrella still works but you cant modify the offsite person fastpasses once booked so I was trying to think of other options.

Is there another thread about changes to the umbrella? I had what I consider an interesting experience booking or attempting to book fp and would like to see if it was just me or a change to the fp system.

Except that dividing reservations this way puts Disney in violation of their own 'rules'. The WDW FP+ page explicitly states that "you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay." NOT reservation...stay.

Or to put it another way, WDW and DVC CMs called them 'split stays' and not 'double stays' for a reason.
Exactly. That’s why I’m not happy with the reply I received that I quoted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter