Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
True...well hopefully they will continue to allow 2 simultaneous reservations!
Just as an aside.............We presently hold multiple and overlapping reservations this June at an IHG hotel due to travel plans that might shift a little bit.
In 2017 we had multiple and overlapping reservations in another state because we were going to meet a boat dealer in the parking lot to accept our freshly built boat. We have had to do this sort of thing for years and I have never had any issues. We give adequate cancellation notice for the un-needed dates and everything has gone well.

I wonder if excessive use of EOWO will lead to Disney preventing overlapping resort reservations for the same guests? Although that will decrease the number of people who simultaneously book GF Grand Villas to shower/nap while staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge (anyone remember that thread?).
I think it already has based on some beta testing and a recent call with a cm, she repeated that I could not overlap reservations 3 times like it was a new talking point...can't do it online either for dates in November.
Maybe someone else can confirm this also..unless it's just me ?

I made reservations Feb 21st for November, and have a 1 night reservation over lapping part of a split.

I think it already has based on some beta testing and a recent call with a cm, she repeated that I could not overlap reservations 3 times like it was a new talking point...can't do it online either for dates in November.
To clarify, you have a room reservation in November 2019, tried to make a second room reservation with overlapping dates, and MDE wouldn’t let you?

More to this...

Apparently they won’t cancel the FPs immediately. So if you cancel you have two days before they are cancelled this would likely give you the option to rebook or do whatever.

Can you explain? You mean as long as you enter a new reservation# within the 2 days, FPs don’t get cancelled?

Just tried and it let me no problem. The ft Wilderness had the same exact check in and out as the all star reservation. You just can’t see it in the picture.
501CE36D-0AE6-4D36-BB12-0476211B0531.jpeg

Can you explain? You mean as long as you enter a new reservation# within the 2 days, FPs don’t get cancelled?
Correct however the cancellation has yet to go into place if it will at all. This is still unconfirmed but changes have happened to the system which could lead to this.

I have been quietly following on the side lines the last few weeks, but I just wanted to thank everyone here for the tips, tricks and loopholes concerning FP’s. My record # of FP’s for one day was on our last trip to Magic Kingdom; we were able to get 7 in one day (sadly no mine train, but we did get to do pirates twice though!)! I’m hoping on our upcoming trip that we’ll break our personal best!

Correct however the cancellation has yet to go into place if it will at all. This is still unconfirmed but changes have happened to the system which could lead to this.
Disney may be waiting to cancel the FP on check in day or what was supposed to be check in day. They see that the resort is no longer on your MDE so once you enter the park the FP become void just like if you try to use a FP with no park ticket. Maybe everything has to be in place for them to work. Just speculation but that's what we are all doing anyway.

That seems so strange! What if you needed two rooms?

You should not book 2 rooms at the same resort with the same name. I’m pretty sure you can have 2 rooms with different lead names.

But I think 2 rooms at different resorts May have different rules (although your magic band can’t open 2 doors at once - so the crazy thread referenced early does sort of make sense that one can’t be linked)!

Disney may be waiting to cancel the FP on check in day or what was supposed to be check in day. They see that the resort is no longer on your MDE so once you enter the park the FP become void just like if you try to use a FP with no park ticket. Maybe everything has to be in place for them to work. Just speculation but that's what we are all doing anyway.
Not sure that’s the case if there is a supposed grace period to allow for changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter