Disney themed Father/Daughter Dance

Katekins13

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I'm getting married in December and as I was trying to think of a great Father/Daughter dance, it occured to me that the one thing that my father and I really share and connect with is our love of Disney. That being the case, I'd love to have our dance be Disney-themed.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused3 I'm finding it harder then I thought because a lot of the songs I've found suggested (by doing a google search) are more husband/wife sounding and just not sure would be appropriate...or, it's a song that I can't seem to find in print or on Itunes!

Any suggestions would be wonderful! (Oh! BTW - When you wish upon a star is a great song, BUT it was my first husband's and mine wedding song..so it's out..lol..)

Well, in the film it was mother-to-son, but how about "You'll Be In My Heart," from Tarzan? It certainly fits just as well as a more broadly-interpreted parent-to-child song.

"second star to the right" or "baby mine" could work

or, if you don't mind contemporary stuff "I Will Go Sailing No More" or even "You've Got a Friend in Me" could work (I'm a single dad, with a daughter: and that's one of her favorite songs to sing when we go to WDW)

'Candle on The Water"--Pete's Dragon, 'Best of Friends'--Fox and the Hound, "Zip a dee doo dah"--Song of the South and also "Little Wonders" (These Small Hours) by Rob Thomas from Meet The Robinsons. Lyrics are beautiful! Good luck!:lovestruc

Well, in the film it was mother-to-son, but how about "You'll Be In My Heart," from Tarzan? It certainly fits just as well as a more broadly-interpreted parent-to-child song.

That would be my suggestion as well.

You could consider "When She Loved Me" if you want everyone in the room to cry!

I third "You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan!

"We are One" from The Lion King would work, too.

Not a Disney song, but there's also "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. You can listen to the video here (with lyrics):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUk5SZ18WhY

Now I'm tearing up. My parents made me a picture slideshow set to music for my high school graduation, and one of the songs in it was "Cinderella." I love that song, and I would recommend it unless your song absolutely must be Disney.

If so, I'd go with "You'll Be In My Heart." I am also a big fan of "Candle on the Water" (unfortunately, it was one of my parents' wedding songs, so I doubt it can be my father-daughter song when I get married).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter