• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Surprise Trip

stitch'sgrl101

"Please stand clear of the doors, Por Favor Manten
Ok i know it may be late, but i don't think anyone has started a thread like this. Ok so basically, you can write about if you have ever gotten surprised, or surprised someone with a family trip.

Here is my story:

Two years ago about a week before Christmas, i was really sick, the day i thought i was going to Willow Valley, Pennsylvania. I stayed home from school and took a nap. I woke up and there was a gift right next to me. I opened it and there was a hidden mickey book. I had no clue at all what to expect next. Then, my parents yelled, We're going to WDW!! I didn't believe them at all. I had my dad show me the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets. Then he said, i have to go get your brother from school, because our flight is in two hours. That was one of the best surprises of my life.

You know those Disney park commercials where the kids would freak out when they heard they were going to a Disney park? Keep those in mind. Starting is September or October my parents would make odd comments about "seating" or "menus." I was suspicious, but didn't think much of it. About a month after these comments started coming up, my friends dad mentioned something about me going to "Disney World in the spring?" I immediately called my mom, who told me it was supposed to be a Christmas surprise. She was SOOOO upset. I felt really bad. My sister and brother were still surprised, but only my sister really freaked out. So not exactly a surprise, more like a failed surprise...LOL! My poor mother... :confused3 :rotfl:

I think i actually ruined the surprise for myself yesterday. I looked on my kitchen table and noticed a paper that said Pop Century - standard room. Then it said the dates 4/28 - 5/3 (Easter Break)!! Also, i was eating dinner last night and my dad hid the paper in his pocket. So, idk if i'm going yet or not, but i hope i do!! (it will be my 17th trip :/)

I've had it twice. :)

The first time my brother and I were getting picked up from school by our parents. It was weird because my Dad wasn't supposed to be home from work for another hour. So when we were all ready to go home they turned to look at us and said, "We're going to Disney!" My Dad filmed the whole thing. We came home and the suitcases were packed and we were leaving the next day. It was awesome because my parents sent us both in with notes about a week before. So our teachers knew we were going to Disney but they never told us!

The second time was when we were on vacation already. We were all depressed because the next day we'd have to leave WDW and go home. Then my parents pull out these t-shirts that has the Disney Wonder ship on it and it says "Matt and Nicole's first Disney Cruise!" We headed to Port Canaveral the next day.

I have the best parents ever. Seriously.

ive got suprised 3 times all at christmas

the first time we were all done opening presents and there were note cards in the tree and they each had one word on them and we had to put them togher and it said were going to disney world

the second time i actually helped my mom pick out disney stuff but i didnt no wht it was for. then on christmas the box was to be opened last. so we opened it last and it had a bunch of disney stuff in it and there was a paper tht said were going to disney on friday.

the third time was this year it said open last again. so we did and there was a paper on top that said 10 nights on the mexican reviera cruise but it was in spanish so we didnt no wht it said but then we looked at all the other stuff in the box and it had the disney cruise book and a disneyland book. so then we figured it out. so were going on r first ever disney cruise and first time to disneyland.

I've gotten suprised once. My sister and I were sitting around and my Dad came in and said, Grammas coming over, she has a present for you guys, so I got all excited because I thought, yay some chicken soup or something. Then, she walked in and grabbed a note out of her pocket and threw the paper on the table. I unfolded it, and it said, "WE"RE GOING AGAIN!" because that was our second time that year, which we never do, its always once a year.
Then, one time I wen't by my cousins' house and my Dad booked it on Christmas eve at 10 o clock for the whole family of 11 people! Best trip ever!

my family isn't big on surprises... they know my sister and i like planning the trips too much!! however, we are real big on last minute trips. i know it's not disney, but on fathers day my dad really wanted to book a trip... we left 10 days after for a two-week hawaiian vacation!

Those are all really good stories! So i figured out that i am going. I saw my mom texting someone and it said we are surprising the kids to disney over easter break. I also got some other clues because my dad won't stop talking about disney. Every day he's like what are your favorite charactrs, hotels, restaurants, and parks. So i think im going!! :) but i don't want to ruin it for my brother.

That would be really nice!

I got more clues: -I found my parents on the WDW website
-I was looking at my moms phone and there was a little mickey head in the corner that said 70 days until WDW Vacation. I was like OMG!! so hopefully i am going :)

I am hoping to surprise my 2 nieces (17 and 12) and nephew (10) with a trip to DisneyWorld in June. My son (6) will be surprised too, but this will be his 3rd trip (he's so experienced, ha ha). My nieces and nephew have never been, and don't really ever get to go on fun trips that are kid oriented.

We haven't quite decided how we're doing it. I've come up with 2 possibilities, and they both start off the same. Tell the kids we're going to some museum or nature preserve or something not so exciting. Then we will either:

get a map of Florida, keep it folded up until we are close and then tell the kids to find where we are on the map. When they open it up, it will say "SURPRISE! We're going to DisneyWorld!"

or

We will order a pizza at our hotel the first night of traveling (probably a 2 day trip). Will tell the kids to come get the pizza, and when they open the box, it will have "SURPRISE! We're going to DisneyWorld!"
written on the inside of the box.

Very excited to do it either way, so hopefully no one spills the beans.

Christmas of 2005 my parents surprised my brothers & I with a Disney trip. They wrapped up a little box & put it underneath the tree then Christmas morning we opened it & it was a bunch of puzzle pieces...you can imagine the look of excitement on our faces (sarcasm) hahaha then when we put it all together it said "Merry Christmas Kids! We're going to Walt Disney World on December 31, 2005!" We were SO excited :D Best Christmas present EVER!

I forget how old we were but it was when I was really young probably around 4 or 5. My mom had me sleep in my brothers room, and I remember thinking why am I sleeping on the floor? However, we got woken up in the middle of the night and my grandparents where there. I remember my dad coming in and saying "Get up! We're going to DisneyWorld right now! The limo is outside waiting!"

That was my favorite trip ever! Even though I was really young and I don't remember much it was my favorite because my grandparents came with us. Some of my favorite memories with them are there <3

That would be really nice. I hope you have a great time! i have been to WDW like 16 times or something like that and im only 14. Even though i go there so much, i would love to get surprised by going again. You can never get enough of Disney :)

When my sisters and I were little, we were at my grandparents house on Christmas day. All our cousins were opening up these really awesome presents, and there weren't any for us. We were so upset, but were trying not to show it. So of course we were sitting in the corner by ourselves away from everyone else being unpleasant :lmao:
After all our cousins had opened their presents, my grandmother and grandfather came over and told us they'd finally found a present for us, but it was really small, so they hoped we wouldn't be disappointed. They handed us an envelope, and we opened it up and were really confused, because it had a bunch of hotel information. We looked up and they said "You girls are going to Disney World!" that was our first trip, and we were so excited! it was an awesome surprise!

aww thats so cute. Even though it was a long time ago, i hope you had a great time! what was your expression when they told you? When my parents did my first WDW surprise trip, i didnt believe them at all. My dad actually had to show me the mickey's very merry christmas party dates on the back of the tickets and the plane tickets. Then thats when i realized where i was going :)

Well , there was this one time while we were in California and we were drving back home to New Mexico. We stopped in anihime at a hotel right next to Disneyland and my parents told me and my three sisters that we would be staying there for the night. We were so excited saying how we could go to Downtown Disney, then my parents told us that er were going to Disneyland , i did not believe them for the longest time. We checked into the hotel and there was a knock on the door. I opend it and it was my aunt and her boyfriend!! We ended up going to disneyland the next day and there was another surprise!! My aunt's borfriend asked her to marry him infront of the castle!!! :yay:
she said yes of course , and we celebrated at Minnie's cafe!!

I'm pretty sure we stared at them at first, then started jumping up and down after we were told we got to meet mickey mouse. I was pretty little- I must have been around 6, and both my sisters are younger than me, so I'm not quite sure we knew what Disney World was at that point, since we'd never been before, but meeting mickey mouse sure sounded cool :rotfl:

I wish someone had photographed our reactions- everyone was just watching us, lol.

and the trip was great- I still remember bits and pieces of it. The last time we went was when I was 8, so my memories get kinda mixed up about Disney(we went 3 years in a row), but I do remember loving it.

Ok so its official i am going to disney for easter break omg im so excited!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter