Disney Stores Returning To The Disney Co.

I've never understood why Disney wasn't able to capitilize on Disney Stores, so that they felt they needed to sell them to Children's Place. I think the stores have SO much potential.

A couple of years even before they sold to Children's Place you saw the decline of adult clothing, items and collectibles. I think that really hurt them and if they brought back quality items and more adult items they could do very well.

My store I know could use a remodel. I don't think it's changed at all since it opened. I think with some upgrades and change in inventory Disney could really make the stores a money maker.

Yeah, I don't understand why they couldn't make them profitable. It seems to me that they really over-expanded. Had they kept it to a smaller number of exclusive stores with better quality stuff, I think it would still be going strong. Not that I have any real knowledge on this, but it seemed that the quality and service went down once the stores were in every mall. Less attention was paid to decor, CMs were just like any other store (no Disney magic) and a really limited selection of trinkets and discount merch. It used to be a destination store.

When I heard this a few days ago, I jumped for joy!

I was a seasonal TDS employee throughout my college years. (shhh, I still have my Disney Store watch-they never asked for it back!) When the store was sold to the Children's Place, I, as many of you here, watched the quality and variety of the merchandise go down, to the point that now when I walk past it in the mall, I only stop in half the time, and rarely walk out with anything in hand. I think the last thing I bought there was Ratatouille (for the lithos) and some of the Ratatouille plush they had put on clearance. I teach French so they're useful ;).

Anyway, I'm ecstatic to find they're returning the stray lamb to the fold, so to speak. Let's hope they can get it cleaned up, re-freshed, and hopefully re-merchandised. I'm sick of seeing crappy plastic playsets and year-round costumes for whatever movie has come out.

Hooray! :banana:

I went to work at ours yesterday and they were on pins and needles because they don't know if we are closing. I sure hope not...I would love to get our old perks back.

My manager has worked there for 15 years and she is so nervous. She loves Disney and does not want to work anywhere else.

:wizard: send pixe dust my store doesn't close.

It seems to me that they really over-expanded. . . . It used to be a destination store.

I completely agree with this sentiment. As a previous poster mentioned, the 5th Avenue store is a great place--a worthy destination--because it carries much more than you could find at Wal-Mart or Target. Hopefully by limiting the number of stores and focusing on quality products, the remaining DS can also be worthy destinations.

I can't even shop the disney store for my kids, not to mention myself. I have two small children and the cut of the clothes mystify's me. My dd 4 doesn't even fit into the disney size 4, (too small) yet wears 3 in everything else even WalMart brand. I hope they can return the disney store to what it used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter