Disney Stores Returning To The Disney Co.

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
It seems the company who currently owns the 335 Disney Stores (The Childrens Place) has decided the Disney Stores have not been profitable soon enough for their taste. The Disney Company could potentially be taking over ownership of the stores again; which would be great news in my opinion.

According to the article I read approxiately 225 stores will remain open while 115 will close.

Just thought you would all like to know. When I'm at our local mall I tend to stop in our Disney Store just to get that little fix....:wizard:

with any luck, when they do, they'll bring back merchandise that appeals to a wider audience than stuffed animals and princess dresses.

I've been so upset. The one in the mall where I live just closed last Sunday, although the selection had really been poor most of the time. According to a woman at the store, the mall had upped the rent way too high. Too bad, it was always busy in there.

At least I work near the World of Disney in NYC so I can get a true fix. I went yesterday on my lunch and Captain Jack was there. Too bad the line was too long or I would have snuck in to meet him before I had to head back to work. ;)

Now if they could bring back to Disney Gallery Stores that had the fantastic collectibles...

Now if they could bring back to Disney Gallery Stores that had the fantastic collectibles...

I'd be surprised if they brought back the Gallery stores, but I would love it they did. They were awesome. I always found the coolest stuff in the Disney Gallery stores. I'd even be happy if the stores just had a Gallery section.

I always thought it was a huge mistake for Disney to sell the stores out to the Children's Place, I hope they really do take them back.

I hope that Disney Co. takes the stores back. After they sold the stores the merch. went downhill. All the T'shirts were applique insteas of the nice embrodery. I went in there last week with my DD 9 and we came out empty handed. The selection was LOUSY !!!

And if you want adult stuff you are out of luck. Unless you are an adult small and like your shirts "fitted".
I do not remember that lst time I bought something for my self there.. maybe 2 years?? and very very little for the kids.

That would be great news! Since Children's Place took it over, the merchandise selection (especially for adults) went way down. They used to offer more clothes and collectibles. I would still wander in our Disney Store though to get a Disney fix! :goodvibes

Wow! I am totally excited about this!!! I work at ours part time and hope we are not one to close!

I do think that it would be great if Disney owned them again. Disney would have to find a way to make them profitable. I would love to see a wider selection of merchandise.

I think they could also tie in some DVC and DCL promotions. Maybe even add a few more Doorway to Dreams locations in place of or near a few of the existing stores

This is exciting news. I collect Eeyore MBBP and since Children's Place took over, the quality of the beanies has gone down. :P I hope Disney does take the Disney Store over. An I agree~they could do some DVC & DCL tie ins. :)

I live 40 minuets from Disney and when I was in our Disney Store 4 weeks ago one of the employees told me they were closing all DS in the Central Fl area and Tampa area. The only Disney store left in our area will be in the Fla mall, in Winter Park, about 40 min north of Disney. I guess we will have to do all our shopping at DTD! I would rather go there than my local mall!

I've got mixed feelings about this. I'm happy to have them back under Disney's wing. But I hope that Disney returns the merchandise to the kind carried in the early days of the brand, not what they had in the couple of years before they sold them to the Childrens Place.

If they don't include collectables and stuff for adults, then I won't be visiting the DS even when Disney gets them back.

I've been so upset. The one in the mall where I live just closed last Sunday, although the selection had really been poor most of the time. According to a woman at the store, the mall had upped the rent way too high. Too bad, it was always busy in there.

At least I work near the World of Disney in NYC so I can get a true fix. I went yesterday on my lunch and Captain Jack was there. Too bad the line was too long or I would have snuck in to meet him before I had to head back to work. ;)

I would love to take dd to see Captain Jack. She got her compose today at mcdonald's and keeps looking at it saying Captain Jack is on his way. She loves him (well who wouldnt).

hmm I guess I will head out to my local mall this weekend to see if I can get them to talk...If Dis takes them back I am definately getting a pt job there for weekends!

OH man! I am excited if Disney is taking over the stores again, but scared that the only Disney Sotre near me will close! They have closed so many in Chicagoland, and we are only abt 25 minutes from the Woodfield store, so I know they wouldn't close that one. I'll be so upset! I love our store! I'm practically on first name basis with the employees there.

I was shocked to find out that one of the largest Disney stores in the Portland area is closing (or may already have). Luckily we still have three within 30 miles or so. Of course, I guess that could change.

I've actually noticed a slight increase in the amount of adult merchandise lately and it seems the quality has risen as well. There was a time not too long ago when I would never even consider any of the t-shirts because the fabric was so stiff and itchy. However, the last time I was shopping they had some really nice ones.

Hopefully they will continue to improve. I have to say though that I'm surprised Disney is possibly buying them back as they weren't all that profitable or they wouldn't have sold them in the first place. I think with the economy the way it is right now I'd be very leery about any retail business, especially one that depends on a lot of mall traffic as there's already been a pretty noticeable decrease in shoppers.

This is great news!! I've stuck it out as a Cast Member at DS under the Children's Place with hopes Disney would someday buy back the stores.

If my store is fortunate enough to be one of the 225 stores Disney will keep, I so look forward to 50% resort discounts, Park Hopper Tickets, 20% on dining at WDW/DL and access to Company D stores in WDW!

Dennis-:yay: :yay: :yay:

This is great news!! I've stuck it out as a Cast Member at DS under the Children's Place with hopes Disney would someday buy back the stores.

If my store is fortunate enough to be one of the 225 stores Disney will keep, I so look forward to 50% resort discounts, Park Hopper Tickets, 20% on dining at WDW/DL and access to Company D stores in WDW!

Dennis-:yay: :yay: :yay:

YES! That's what I LOVED about being a DS cast member. I was recently offered a job back at the DS, but I declined because they got rid of all of the old perks!

If Disney puts the same effort into other stores that it puts into the Disney Store on 5th AVE they will do great. If you've never been to the DS on 5th AVE it's a combination of the World of Disney store at DTD and a Disney art studio. Lots of collectibles, clothes, toys, posters and even characters! There is a room that cast members control entry into that contains Pluto, Goofy and others depending on what time you are there. It's well worth a visit if you find yourself in NYC.:thumbsup2

I've never understood why Disney wasn't able to capitilize on Disney Stores, so that they felt they needed to sell them to Children's Place. I think the stores have SO much potential.

A couple of years even before they sold to Children's Place you saw the decline of adult clothing, items and collectibles. I think that really hurt them and if they brought back quality items and more adult items they could do very well.

My store I know could use a remodel. I don't think it's changed at all since it opened. I think with some upgrades and change in inventory Disney could really make the stores a money maker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter