Disney Store Times Square Location - Opening Fall 2010

apologies if I missed it....but when exactly is the opening? it sounds spectacular!:woohoo:

I'm going to be a part of the opening team! :love:

The store is scheduled to open 11/4

It's going to be nice to be a cast member again :)

The D23 event is scheduled for Sunday, Nov 7th. Will the store be open before then to the general public? or maybe only ticketed events - like for media?

I am planning on attending the D23 event, but after the D23 event on Sunday Nov 7th, will it be opened to the general public? Any info / guesses appreciated. :woohoo:

I'm in Queens and haven't been in Times Square since August - WOW - great to see the front of the store! I'm excited that it will be open in November! I'd love to join up for a DIS meet there if one is in the works.

Congratulations to the newest CMs!!!

hey christie, would you happen to know if they are still hiring for the times square location? I also went to the interview on the 20th but never got a call back, i feel like maybe I gave out my wrong number or something. Since there's no one at the store I can speak to, do you know who I can call about this?

Yep! Just booked a trip to NYC with the Disney Store in mind! :)

We are booked at the Doubletree Time Square (about 2 blocks away!!!) for Jan 2-5, 2011! Found a fantastic deal on the hotel (less than $200/night) so we had to jump on it.

The kids and I will be getting Disney gift cards for part of Christmas! :yay:

11/4 is the opening, 11/7 is the D23 event.

I got in! to the Sunday 11/7 SOLD OUT D23 event. :dance3: Jodi Benson will be signing. There is a catered meal and discounts on all merchandise. The event lasts from 8-10am. I wonder if they will let us stay to shop?

News reports state that the grand opening to the public is for Tuesday 11/9. But I can't make that event.

I wonder what they will be doing in-between? Possibly more ticketed events / special audience (like families of employees) until the official opening....

I didn't get in. I was one of the unfortunate souls that went in *on time*, link wasn't active, then it was, got in, didn't recognize my number, then did, then flipped to the waiting list, then nothing. :confused3

oh well.

However, since the event also is the day of the NYC marathon, could be a blessing in disguise. *shrug*

I was more excited about the fact, D23 was doing a NYC event, but I still would have loved to go.

Hopefully, D23 will do more events and I'll get into that. :goodvibes

However, if anyone can't go, I'll be more than happy to go. Just a 15 minute train ride away!!! popcorn::

Does anyone know the store hours? I want to make sure I get there in time for the opening. Also, is it really opening on November 4? I just called the store number and there was no message or anything.

Does anyone know the store hours? I want to make sure I get there in time for the opening. Also, is it really opening on November 4? I just called the store number and there was no message or anything.

News reports state that the grand opening to the public is for Tuesday 11/9. Several disney sites have this info.

From what I was told, there will be events/a ceremony starting at 9 am but the store will not actually open until 1pm.

News reports state that the grand opening to the public is for Tuesday 11/9. Several disney sites have this info.

I got a postcard from Disney Rewards Visa stating the store would open on November 4? Maybe a soft opening with no ceremony? Even so, I'm not planning on going until Nov. 14. Does anyone know what the regular daily store hours will be? Maybe one of the new CM's knows?!

I was under the impression it was opening sooner than the 9th and I hope so because I am there 11/4 - 11/9:cool1: and my plane leaves mid-morning on the 9th so I will definately not have time to go then!! :sad2:

Heres hoping for some pixie dust!!!pixiedust:

I was under the impression it was opening sooner than the 9th and I hope so because I am there 11/4 - 11/9:cool1: and my plane leaves mid-morning on the 9th so I will definately not have time to go then!! :sad2:

Heres hoping for some pixie dust!!!pixiedust:

Jim posted last night on facebook there is a soft opening on the 4th

Wow! Is anyone planning to go on the 4th? I would love to know if you got in because I could get there on the 5th if it's actually open![/QUOTE

I am going to the D23 event on Sunday so I do not know if it's really open the 4th

I got a postcard from Disney Rewards Visa stating the store would open on November 4? Maybe a soft opening with no ceremony? Even so, I'm not planning on going until Nov. 14. Does anyone know what the regular daily store hours will be? Maybe one of the new CM's knows?!

I believe the soft opening is on Thursday. I know my store has two managers going up that day to help...we also have two more managers going up for the grand opening on the 9th. I do know on the 4th, the managers from my store are working from 2:30-10pm, but I'm not exactly sure what the hours are. Hope this helps a little. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter