• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Store Permanently Closed 2020

A well-known DL info blogger posted this list about Disney store closures. Since the blogger is based in California, that is why the California locations are bolded.

@rteetz please delete if posting this source isn’t allowed. Not sure of the rules for this thread. But we post a lot about her on the DL threads
View attachment 527249

I suspect as leases come up more will close unless somehow they magically start making tons more in profit.

I am sad ours is closed because the kids loved it and their sizing is a mess, I wish they would start offering free returns by mail like alot of brands do now that they have less stores.

They announced that the one here in Louisville will be closing effective September 28th.

I checked a nearby store in the Aurora IL mall. It was closed permanently. The closest is in the outlet mall about 5mi(?) away, also in Aurora. Upon further searching the closure was Sept 2019 so not related to Covid.

I worked at the one in Fox Valley, they closed a year ago in August 2019. I am now at the Disney Store in Chicago Ridge Mall which is the last original pink and green store left in the state. The Illinois stores that are still open are Michigan Ave, State Street, Shaumburg in Woodfield Mall, Gurnee in the outlet mall, Aurora in the outlet mall and Rosemont in the outlet mall.

we were at one of our local Disney stores. we have 3 near our house in BC, Canada and they are all open and doing good.

i wish we had target stores still in Canada because i know they have alot of Disney stuff too

It’s a sad day. That mall has nothing left

Yup ... I spent countless hours of the late 80's / early 90's hanging out there. All of us mall goers are part of pop culture history. Rumor is that they are trying to rezone Oxford Valley into some sort of hybrid apartment living shopping complex ??

Yup ... I spent countless hours of the late 80's / early 90's hanging out there. All of us mall goers are part of pop culture history. Rumor is that they are trying to rezone Oxford Valley into some sort of hybrid apartment living shopping complex ??

It’s been all down hill since they took the ramp out and put in the food court. RIP Naples pizza.

A well-known DL info blogger posted this list about Disney store closures. Since the blogger is based in California, that is why the California locations are bolded.

@rteetz please delete if posting this source isn’t allowed. Not sure of the rules for this thread. But we post a lot about her on the DL threads
View attachment 527249
Very surprised to see both Queens and Troy (Detroit) on there, since they were both Imagination Parks, and I thought the closures were supposed to only affect the older stores. I guess no Disney Store is ever going to be safe at this rate.

The Disney Store at the St Johns Town Center here in Jacksonville is also permanently closed.

Wait are you serious! That bums me out. I went when we evacuated after Hurricane Michael.

They replaced my Ralph Breaks the Internet travel mug after I dropped and broke it, they were so nice.

Wait are you serious! That bums me out. I went when we evacuated after Hurricane Michael.

They replaced my Ralph Breaks the Internet travel mug after I dropped and broke it, they were so nice.
So you haven’t been in 2 years, and the last time you were there you didn’t buy something but had them replace something that was broken. And we’re wondering why they’re shutting all the stores down. Lol.

I’m just as guilty. Go only occasionally to the one here in Tampa, and rarely buy anything. I could see all of them closing in Florida as we‘re just too close to the real thing.

So you haven’t been in 2 years, and the last time you were there you didn’t buy something but had them replace something that was broken. And we’re wondering why they’re shutting all the stores down. Lol.

I’m just as guilty. Go only occasionally to the one here in Tampa, and rarely buy anything. I could see all of them closing in Florida as we‘re just too close to the real thing.
I rarely shopped at local disney stores mainly b/c I have an annual pass, so if I wanted something disney-themed, I can go to the park and use my discount. Now with DL still closed, I go to the local Disney store to get my Disney shopping fix.

I've never really understood how a Disney stand-alone store could survive outside of areas near their theme parks.

I don't live in Jacksonville, (hence "I went when we evacuated", as in, evacuated to Jacksonville), so no, I didn't go to that one more than once.

Before you ask, "What about the one that's closer to you?"

You mean the one 2.5 hours away - I don't visit that one more than about once a year. Checking it now, I think it's still open. In the end, if they don't have what I want to buy anyway, I'm not spending money to make them feel good.

I worked at the one in Fox Valley, they closed a year ago in August 2019. I am now at the Disney Store in Chicago Ridge Mall which is the last original pink and green store left in the state. The Illinois stores that are still open are Michigan Ave, State Street, Shaumburg in Woodfield Mall, Gurnee in the outlet mall, Aurora in the outlet mall and Rosemont in the outlet mall.

Hi neighbor! I used to visit the Chicago Ridge and State St stores at least once a week before COVID happened. I popped into the Chicago Ridge store about 2 weeks ago and it was PACKED which was nice to see

Yes, I am serious.

I quit going to the Disney Stores (besides the outlets) years ago, because they became a "kid" store. Originally they had a nice mixture of "kid" stuff and adult stuff. However I have kept an eye on the Disney Stores

Once I saw the St Johns Town Center store shutting down along with other reports of other Disney Stores shutting down, I just knew it was a matter of time before the entire chain shut down.

I could see all of them closing in Florida as we‘re just too close to the real thing.
I know I got the pop up that Brandon reopened but then saw later on a Facebook group it permanently closed... the only other stores “close by” if still open that I’ve shopped at pre covid is the outlet in Lutz or the FL mall (which you have to physically pass the parks to get to)

We just lost the Disney Store at the South Shore Plaza in Quincy, MA. It closed on October 17, Now all we have is Burlington and Wrentham Premium Outlet in Wrentham MA. It was the 2006 design. They are eliminating the old design stores like the “Pink and Green” era (1987-1995), “Yellow Pipe rail” era (1995-2001), “Mickey’ Face portrait” era (2001-2005), and “Red Mickey” era (2005-2008). Those were the memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter