• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney store closed

Elk34

Wilderness Lodge 2003 Grand Californian 2004 Grand
I know that Disney is struggling somewhat financially these days but I am dissapointed to have just found out that they closed the Disney Store that is right by our house. We leave Saturday and I just went by to pick up some T shirts for my daughters so that we wouldn't have to pay a premium at the park. But, it was shut down. Boarded up. This is in a very upscale mall in Dallas and the store has been here for a very long time. We were there last week and they gave us no indication of closing. I don't know if this will be a nationwide trend or if the rent is just too high in this particular mall.

From all I've read on these boards, it's happening all over. So far, our Disney Store is still open, but the merchandise has gone downhill. I almost wish it would close, it's sad to walk by it the way it is now. :(

The one is our area is still up and running. One intersting thing I noticed last week was the large area of plush they had in the back of the store was not all plush anymore. It's assorted toys and stuff. Our store was chock full of merchandise, but it's probably because this is Florida and spring break is upon us.

Elk34-I live in Irving, which Disney Store closed? :(

I'm thinking North Park. Maybe Galleria.

I'm curious, too.

Ours in Owings Mills, MD is still open. I was actually there today. It is the best place to buy Disney DVDs. $19.99 beats pretty much everyone.

Sorry to hear that:( If they closed that store how long do you think the Northeast Mall store and Vista Ridge store will last:confused:

The Northpark store? I guess that I'd better go check on the Frisco and Plano locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter