• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Stock Certificates

Balou3

Earning My Ears
I am not sure where I need to post this BUT does anybody know where I can purchase Disney Stock??? The key is, I want to have the stock certificates. I have an account with CSFBDirect but you don't get the stock certificates if you purchase through them.

I am buying this stock for my new son and I want to be able to have the stock certificates in my possession. I already checked One share out and that doesn't work becuase I want to buy more than 1.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.:confused: :confused:

Did you read this page? Looks like they are the only one that offer this service.

http://www.oneshare.com/exec3/competitive_prices.asp?sesID=726106941-221867800

As great as one share of stock is, it is virtually impossible to obtain one. That is because traditional brokerages are not setup to service single share transactions, not to mention framing!

Even at online discount brokers you will pay more because in addition to the minimum commission, you will be charged additional fees for physical delivery, and special handling fees. You will also need to provide an initial cash deposit.

Before you buy a share of stock at oneshare.com, check out dealcatcher.com. They will often list coupons codes for oneshare so that you get a free share with your purchase. Of course, the free share is usually not a popular stock but I seem to remember seeing Planet Hollywood.

I checked with my stockbroker about giving Disney stock as gifts. He told me the best way is to set up an account in the childs name and just transfer the individual share(s) from my account into theirs. Beats paying the commissions and fees on each one. They can get a certificate issued, but it costs about $10 or so to have them do that.

I gave my husband a share of disney stock as a wedding present 5 years ago. I bought it from the "One share of stock" place that somebody else already mentioned. It came beautifully framed and is a really neat conversation piece. It did take a while for it to come, longer than they originally promised, so keep that in mind if you are giving it as a gift.

Another bonus in owning Disney stock is that you will now receive the annual report! It is usually a really interesting read.

I buy alot of my stocks through buyandhold.com...u can get the actual stock certificates through them, but there
is a $30.00 fee charged to have the certificate sent to you.

Hulabird

I bought Disney stock thru my local bank that has a brokerage service. It was not the very cheapest way to buy stock but very competively priced and unless you have an acount set up to buy thru a discount broker already it was certainly the most convenient method. Each certificate you recieve there is a charge for, I paid $15.00 which was actually cheaper than some of the websites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter