Disney Springs new Town Center

MrToadsWildRide

Mouseketeer
So, Disney Springs has sprung. Not completely, but it's open.

They've also opened the second parking garage, which they needed. Not sure why it's called Lime (other than the obvious pie reference) since I thought Grapefruit was more prevalent in FL.

They have (well, they will have later this year);

22 - Clothing stores
6 - Jewelry stores
5 - Shoe stores
4 - Beauty stores
2 - Quick Service restaurants
1 - Kiosk food place (faster than quick?)
1 - Table Service restaurant (not opened yet)

The restaurants they currently have are all pretty crowded. Now they that they opened the Lime garage, adding 2,000 more parking spaces, adding that one (yes one) extra table service restaurant (which isn't opened yet) will ensure that your quest to find a place to eat is finally gonna change.

I guess I see what they're doing. Since you won't be able to find a place to eat, you'll be able to shop for some new clothes, which you'll need for the lack of food.

No big surprise, the line for the new D-Luxe quick service burger joint was out the door. As was Sprinkles, the cupcake place. Odd, but the clothing stores were empty.

So, we wound up eating at Morimoto's. No reservation, so we were very lucky to get the last seat at those almost on the floor footstool/chair things on the second floor. We weren't the only ones with the same (lack of) plans, as we saw many people walk up and then back down the stairs trying to find a place to sit. Sadly, the Sushi Bar is now reservations only.

And don't get me started on the fact that they changed their truly unique and extremely delicious 5 Spice wings. Sadly they've been Americanized with coatings and deep frying. Come'on Mori.

We walked into Na Hoku only to discover they do not have the super cool Humuhumunukunukuapua'a inlay pendant that's on their brochure sitting on the counter. If you don't have a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a, you can't have any Hawaiian jewelry, how can you have any Hawaiian jewelry if you don't have a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a? (all in all, it's just anohter jewelry store in the mall)

At least they've finally added a Johnston & Murphy shoe store. Thank the foot gods. (no offense to non-foot god worshipers) Nothing says "Let's go walking around the World for several days in the middle of the (rain every afternoon) summer," better than some brand (feet) spanking new J&M full leather upper and lower shoes.

Clearly, I do not have the same demographic data that Disney does. My data only consists of my odd ball opinion, which always seems to be saying, "Hey, let's eat!"

Well, at least theres more parking and more space to walk around.

So, I give it two ears up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter