Disney Springs lunch or keep Chef Mickey's?

iwannago

Earning My Ears
I'm taking my 4yo granddaughter (celebrating her 5th bday) for her 1st trip in Sept. we will be arriving on Wed doing parks Th,Fri and taking Sat off to go to Disney Springs then more parks Mon, Tues. I made res.for Chef Mickeys for lunch Saturday but I'm wondering if I should cancel and just eat somewhere in DS and if so where? TIA

First...:welcome:...to the DIS!

For that age and a first trip...keep Chef Mickey's!! Then go to DS later in the day. I love resort meals on sleep in and rest days, still immersive and Disney, but NO parks and NO alarm clocks. Then when she tires of walking at DS later, just head back to your room and rest.

I'm usually not a fan of Chef Mickey and rarely recommend it but for a 5 year old celebrating a birthday, I can't think of any restaurant in DS that would be better or more exciting. I say keep the reservation, wonder around the contemporary, maybe take a monorail ride then head over to DS.

Thanks everyone that's what I was thinking. She loves Mickey waffles! We buy them for her when she stays with us. I think I'm more excited about the trip than she is!!

I'm usually not a fan of Chef Mickey and rarely recommend it but for a 5 year old celebrating a birthday, I can't think of any restaurant in DS that would be better or more exciting.
If she likes dinosaurs, I think T-Rex could be more exciting for a child that age. If she has no interest in dinosaurs, or is afraid of them, the character meal would probably work better.

I'm just wondering what time your Chef Mickey's ADR is? I, personally, would suggest eating at CM first and then heading over to DS. I wouldn't go to DS, go to CM and then go back to DS as it's a lot of traveling. Also, particularly for a 4-year old, there is not a lot to do or see in DS unless she really likes shopping.

Make Saturday a fun relaxing day. Definitely keep the Chef Mickey lunch. Go to Disney Springs for a while, and finish with some pool time back at the resort.

Given her age, first trip, and love of Mickey waffles, sounds like Chef Mickey's is the way to go!

Keep Chef Mickeys! Perfect for a 5 year old celebrating a birthday. :) After that, you can go to Disney Springs. Perfect day!

Wondering the same thing when we go with our almost 3 year-old. I had wanted to do it for lunch to kick off our trip on our first day (no park, pool day), but I’m having second thoughts hearing about how loud and chaotic it is....Anyone have experience with taking a 3 year old? We have a late brunch res at 2:15, so the crowd there shouldn’t be too bad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter