Disney Springs Hotel Transportation options

luvthatdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi guys, I posted this in the pinned thread, but with no responses I thought I would try this way.

We will be staying next month at the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs. We have only stayed in WDW resorts, but since we had IHG points we decided to get a "free" place to stay this time. I have read there is a shuttle for the DS hotels, but wonder if it is even running and if so how does it work? Can we walk to DS and use that transportation? We will have a rental car, but really did not want to drive to the parks as we will be park hopping. I guess Uber and Lyft are options. Has anyone experienced a DS hotel stay recently that could shed a little light on what transportation options you used and how well they worked?

Hi guys, I posted this in the pinned thread, but with no responses I thought I would try this way.

We will be staying next month at the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs. We have only stayed in WDW resorts, but since we had IHG points we decided to get a "free" place to stay this time. I have read there is a shuttle for the DS hotels, but wonder if it is even running and if so how does it work? Can we walk to DS and use that transportation? We will have a rental car, but really did not want to drive to the parks as we will be park hopping. I guess Uber and Lyft are options. Has anyone experienced a DS hotel stay recently that could shed a little light on what transportation options you used and how well they worked?

They do have a shuttle system and outside of Disney's are the best ones .... pre-COVID. I have no idea how they are running but go here and it says then link to each hotel for info. https://disneyspringshotels.com/disney-advantage/

Holiday Inn says " Scheduled shuttles to all four Disney theme parks. Advanced shuttle reservation is required; please, contact the hotel directly to reserve."

You can walk to Disney Springs buses BUT there are no buses to the parks. You would have to bus to a hotel then transport to park. Buses at DS do not start running until DS opens so you lose LOTS of time at the park. I suggest rideshare. At the end of day Disney has been running buses from parks to DS to encourage spending vs going to your hotel so they might be running for you returning.

Some folks walk to Saratoga Springs to catch their bus if you are comfortable with that.

They do have a shuttle system and outside of Disney's are the best ones .... pre-COVID. I have no idea how they are running but go here and it says then link to each hotel for info. https://disneyspringshotels.com/disney-advantage/

Holiday Inn says " Scheduled shuttles to all four Disney theme parks. Advanced shuttle reservation is required; please, contact the hotel directly to reserve."

You can walk to Disney Springs buses BUT there are no buses to the parks. You would have to bus to a hotel then transport to park. Buses at DS do not start running until DS opens so you lose LOTS of time at the park. I suggest rideshare. At the end of day Disney has been running buses from parks to DS to encourage spending vs going to your hotel so they might be running for you returning.

Some folks walk to Saratoga Springs to catch their bus if you are comfortable with that.

Thank you!!! We are DVC and own at SS and I did not even think about that. Never really had to think about transportation before. Going to look more into ride share to get to the parks and see what the cost is between that and driving our rental. Would probably just take the bus system back to DS or use the shuttle if its running.

From my research, as I am staying at the Wyndham Garden in October, is that right now you have to go to the lobby and make a resevation for the transportation to the park.

To come backs from the parks you just get on your bus, no reservations needed.

I think the best answer would be to call the hotel to make sure. If you do plz let us know what they say for future references!

Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter