Disney Springs hotel dining perks

minerva78

Mouseketeer
We're planning to stay at the Drury Plaza hotel at Disney Springs and I had a question about perks. I am aware of the early entry 30 minutes before park opening. But I watched a YouTube video from a well known website and the person reviewing the Drury hotel stated guests at the hotel could book their dining reservations starting at 60 days for their length of stay, just like at the Disney resorts. However I can't find any info about this! Is this an actual perk or was the person mistaken?

We're planning to stay at the Drury Plaza hotel at Disney Springs and I had a question about perks. I am aware of the early entry 30 minutes before park opening. But I watched a YouTube video from a well known website and the person reviewing the Drury hotel stated guests at the hotel could book their dining reservations starting at 60 days for their length of stay, just like at the Disney resorts. However I can't find any info about this! Is this an actual perk or was the person mistaken?
Everyone can book their dining at 60 days, but no, you don't get same early-booking advantage as if you stayed at a Disney resort.

Everyone can book their dining at 60 days, but no, you don't get same early-booking advantage as if you stayed at a Disney resort.
Thanks, that's what I thought. But I don't know where this incorrect information is coming from. I saw another YouTube video who said the exact same thing about the 60+10 day benefit! I think this was from a travel agent but I'm not sure.

Maybe the confusion is coming from the fact that you can book some of these hotels directly through Disney now and your stay can be linked in MDE. I just linked my stay in MDE. I booked it directly through Drury using a discount code, and it gave me a new confirmation number when I linked it. I always search for hotels directly on their websites so I'm not sure how long Disney has been doing Disney Springs hotel bookings directly.

Thanks, that's what I thought. But I don't know where this incorrect information is coming from. I saw another YouTube video who said the exact same thing about the 60+10 day benefit! I think this was from a travel agent but I'm not sure.

Maybe the confusion is coming from the fact that you can book some of these hotels directly through Disney now and your stay can be linked in MDE. I just linked my stay in MDE. I booked it directly through Drury using a discount code, and it gave me a new confirmation number when I linked it. I always search for hotels directly on their websites so I'm not sure how long Disney has been doing Disney Springs hotel bookings directly.
There is TONS of "reputable" sites that sadly are more interested in clicks than facts. It's been an issue for years. Another thing is there are a small handful that actually gather the news then most other sites just copy them, and often don't do their own research assuming it is true. :rolleyes: Common problem.

The only pleasant surprise is Drury says Annual Passholders can make Park Reservations for the duration of their trip while booked at Drury. I did not know that was a perk they got.

I have a reservation at the Drury in June, and today is 60 days for me. I logged in this morning expecting to make reservations for just our first day and was shocked to discover I could make them for my entire stay. I'm hoping this is not a technical glitch - I actually found this thread while doing a search trying to figure out whether this should be happening. One of my reservations was for Cinderella's Royal Table, and they definitely charged my credit card, so I'm considering that to be a good sign.

I have a reservation at the Drury in June, and today is 60 days for me. I logged in this morning expecting to make reservations for just our first day and was shocked to discover I could make them for my entire stay. I'm hoping this is not a technical glitch - I actually found this thread while doing a search trying to figure out whether this should be happening. One of my reservations was for Cinderella's Royal Table, and they definitely charged my credit card, so I'm considering that to be a good sign.
Wow! Thanks for letting us know. I'm so glad you were able to get the dining you wanted! I started this thread because I heard of this benefit from two different sources but couldn't find it written anywhere. I even called Disney later and they said it was not a benefit for Disney Springs hotels. So this is great news it worked for you.

Question did you book through the Disney website for your package or seperatly?
I wonder if that affects the "plus 10 day window"?

Question did you book through the Disney website for your package or seperatly?
I wonder if that affects the "plus 10 day window"?
I booked through Drury's website, bought theme park tickets through Disney, and linked my hotel reservation using My Disney Experience. We just returned from our trip last night, and we had no problems at all with the dining reservations I made when I was 60 days out from our first day. We really enjoyed our stay at the Drury; it's a great hotel!

Do you know they serve free breakfast and pretty much a free dinner?
Yes, but I’m particular about what I eat (not to mention have sensitivities , so when I travel I prefer to eat what I know so as not to potentially ruin my vacation. I like to get a couple cases of water in addition to my groceries. The rest of my family don’t have the same issues, so they will enjoy the free meals. 😁

Just saw this thread while researching this today...though late to the game here, thought that anyone else searching in the future may want this info. I decided to ask the Help Center live chat on the WDW website today, and they told me that this resort does allow for this perk 60 + from check in at the Drury. I have seen a lot of conflicting reports about this...even the plandisney answers say that this is not a perk of the Drury DS. But told the opposite today - still skeptical...but thought I'd pass this along and hopefully, fingers crossed, when we go to book, it'll be true. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter