Disney Springs Date Night Logisitics (Homecomin' vs Morimoto, 7pm vs 8pm)

MrVargas

Earning My Ears
We are dropping the kids off (ages 6 and 8) at the Contemporary for Pixar Play Place which runs from 6pm to 10:30pm.

I had a 7pm Morimoto reservation and was planning on doing Star Wars into the Void afterwards. and then go to a lounge until it's time to pick up the kids. However an 8pm Homecomin' reservation popped up and I decided to snag it.

Morimoto is 2 credits at dinner. Homecoming is 1. I really wanted to try Morimoto but we are going to Disney Springs on another day during our trip. I could do Morimoto lunch and Homecoming dinner for the same credits as just Morimoto dinner.

1. Is this move a no brainer?
2. Is Homecomin' nice enough for a couples night? My wife is on the more casual side of things and tends to not enjoy restaurant experiences when they're expensive/fancy (one of the reasons I'm doing the dining plan). With that said is nice enough.
3. Do you think the timing of an 8pm reservation works? Do you think doing the void prior to Homecoming (i.e. 7-8pm) and then if we have any time after dinner get drinks at a lounge (perhaps at the Garden Grill) until it's time to get the kids sounds like a logically planned evening?

Date Night - I was going to say stick with Morimoto for sure- definitely better atmosphere for date night. However, then I read your wife likes a more casual place - then I think your plan will work out fine. Maybe consider going to the Edison afterwards or the outside bar above Paddlefish. Two very nice ways to end the evening! Also, be sure to hit Morimoto another time for lunch - the food is fantastic!

An 8 PM reservation kind of cuts your time down for eating, drinks and just general chit chat since you'll need to be back at Pixar Place by 10.:30 PM at the latest. Since your wife prefers more casual eating places perhaps you should continue to check for an earlier reservation at Homecomin'. Art Smith's place doesn't accept opentable.com reservations but the following Disney Springs 1 TS restaurants do for dinner: Raglan Road, and Wine Bar George. Both are laid back with good food and convivial atmosphere.

HTH

We are dropping the kids off (ages 6 and 8) at the Contemporary for Pixar Play Place which runs from 6pm to 10:30pm.

I had a 7pm Morimoto reservation and was planning on doing Star Wars into the Void afterwards. and then go to a lounge until it's time to pick up the kids. However an 8pm Homecomin' reservation popped up and I decided to snag it.

Morimoto is 2 credits at dinner. Homecoming is 1. I really wanted to try Morimoto but we are going to Disney Springs on another day during our trip. I could do Morimoto lunch and Homecoming dinner for the same credits as just Morimoto dinner.

1. Is this move a no brainer?
2. Is Homecomin' nice enough for a couples night? My wife is on the more casual side of things and tends to not enjoy restaurant experiences when they're expensive/fancy (one of the reasons I'm doing the dining plan). With that said is nice enough.
3. Do you think the timing of an 8pm reservation works? Do you think doing the void prior to Homecoming (i.e. 7-8pm) and then if we have any time after dinner get drinks at a lounge (perhaps at the Garden Grill) until it's time to get the kids sounds like a logically planned evening?

I, personally, would break up the credits between Morimoto lunch and a 1 TS DS dinner on your date night. My DH and I are also quite casual and Homecomin' would be fine with us on a couples night. Honestly, any of the 1 TS in DS would suit us just fine except Planet Hollywood and TRex.

We've done the Void Star Wars experience and I would probably do the VR experience prior to eating. I thought it was pretty intense and while I didn't get dizzy, I can't imagine doing it right after eating. I would aim to do that at 7 pm and then do a 8 pm dinner. I would just plan on dinner, possibly taking 90 minutes. That gives you an hour to get back to CR and pick up the kids - perhaps not enough time to get up to Cali Grill, so you may want to plan on some flexibility if getting to a lounge in time isn't going to work. There is also a really nice bar at the Wave (not the view like Cali, certainly) and also one on the 4th floor of CR called Outer Rim.

There are several nice 1 TS credit restaurants to choose from. What about Kona Cafe at the Poly? Or Frontera Cocina at DS? Lots of choices.

But you definitely should do Morimoto Asia for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter