• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Springs -- Construction Status in early 2017?

freewill

Mouseketeer
Hi, returning to the World next month after a few years' absence and wondering about the current status of Disney Springs?

In our last few visits several years ago, the scenery at DS consisted mostly of construction walls hemming in narrow walkways choked with people. It looks like it's come along quite a bit, with a number of new eating and spending opportunities, but is the prevailing vibe still one of a significant construction site?

Also, how is the parking availability these days?

Have tried searching but I get too many results...

Thanks!

Construction is nearing the end. You won't see any walls up really, planet Hollywood is about to open back up after its renovation, both parking garages are open and a breeze to park in. The road out front is also done after they widened it and made it a lot easier.

Disney Springs is extremely nice and has a completely different look.

Only section left under construction is the Edison building, that is in between Characters in Flight and Paradiso 37. That is it, Paddlefish should be opening very soon as well

We were there in December of 2015 and many of the construction walls were gone. Most of the newer areas were open as well as the parking garage. Since we were there they've opened several newer places and more spaces, so they're definitely on the downside of the construction push.

Cool beans, thanks everyone! Sounds like this will definitely be worth checking out.

Many thanks!

I haven't heard anything about hiring so it's still some time away.. It's progressing though but the exterior isn't most of the work.

Disney Springs is way better than it was before the construction started. Parking in the new garages is a dream. The new scenery is wonderful, and there are so many more shops, and restaurants to chose from. It was a bit rough during the construction, but the end result is well worth it!

You are going to be amazed at Disney Springs. Plan to go, and plan a few hours minimum. There is so much to see, and some great eats. My only complaint is that most of the new places are top dollar. I wish there were some more medium priced spots to eat.
You can also get easy access to the parking lot from I-4 or when driving from the resorts (first lot - West side) with no left turn.

Is parking free? One reason we skipped it last time is walking from the only parking we found so far from our destination.

Is parking free? One reason we skipped it last time is walking from the only parking we found so far from our destination.

All parking is free at Disney springs unless you pay for valet. And with the two parking garages it's not a far walk at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter