Disney Springs at Night

jelly_bean

Earning My Ears
The first night of our upcoming trip is forecast to be in the 30s. Our plan, which we made when we assumed the weather would be warm, is for the adults to head to Disney Springs for some lounge hopping and small bites after the kiddies are settled (with chaperones, of course). Since the weather isn't going to be great, is there a chance that things will close early? Will the place be a ghost town? We were hoping for a fun and festive first night out. Some of our group will be Disney first timers and we want to make sure to get the trip started in a high-spirited manner. We will probably arrive at Disney Springs around 9:30-10:00 on a Monday. It will be cold! What should we expect?

Also- where do the Minnie Vans and Mears Taxis drop off and pick up at Disney Springs?

Use OpenTable to make an ADR ahead of time that way if it is too cold you have somewhere warm to go and eat/drink. You can cancel without penalty. Everything at DS closes by midnight with QS shutting down at 11:00 pm. So even if weather is good you’ll only have 2 or so hours.

Uber has their own drop off spot but not sure about Minnie vans or Mears.

Minnie drops off past HoB in the bus parking lot - it was far. DS closes at midnight so your high spirits will have to rise quickly (some restaurants may close later). I recommend you consider Jock Lindsey’s bar, Raglan Road, and Bongo’s for entertainment.

The first night of our upcoming trip is forecast to be in the 30s. Our plan, which we made when we assumed the weather would be warm, is for the adults to head to Disney Springs for some lounge hopping and small bites after the kiddies are settled (with chaperones, of course). Since the weather isn't going to be great, is there a chance that things will close early? Will the place be a ghost town? We were hoping for a fun and festive first night out. Some of our group will be Disney first timers and we want to make sure to get the trip started in a high-spirited manner. We will probably arrive at Disney Springs around 9:30-10:00 on a Monday. It will be cold! What should we expect?

Also- where do the Minnie Vans and Mears Taxis drop off and pick up at Disney Springs?
We have spent time at DS when the weather has gotten as cold as your forecast; no place we went closed early due to the weather. People spent more time indoors at restaurants and bars so I guess it was a ghost town as far as the street scene but it was fine indoors and quite lively. If you want to bar crawl many of the late night hot spots are nearby geographically (remember locals party here as well) so neither your first timers or veterans should be concerned beyond taking weather appropriate clothing. I just bought the man a packable in a compression bag travel down coat since he went shopping on his own and choose unwisely for our Christmas WDW trip where the first week was consistently cold and/or wet. Cost 40 bucks on sale and I no longer need to think about his whining-oops I mean...discomfort on most any trip, LOL.

https://www.c21stores.com/products/packable-dwn-jk?color=Asphalt+Melange

I'm clueless about where Minnie Vans or similar stop at DS; we took the bus.

Bummer about the cold! Instead of DS, what about a monorail crawl? You could use the monorail to visit bars/etc. in Contemporary, Poly, and GF... I suspect that would give the first-timers the wow-factor to kick off your trip! Enjoy and let us know if/how it worked out!

Bummer about the cold! Instead of DS, what about a monorail crawl? You could use the monorail to visit bars/etc. in Contemporary, Poly, and GF... I suspect that would give the first-timers the wow-factor to kick off your trip! Enjoy and let us know if/how it worked out!
A monorail crawl is on our itinerary for night #2 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter