Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

That'd be neat, but there still has to be a complete/staffed CBR end to make that happen :)
Passport to the Parks posted a video from CBR, the station looks complete, they were working on pressure washing the walkways and on the landscaping. His night video at AoA/Pop showed that they were working on the bathrooms at night. They must be trying to finish up soon.

I’m sure they will open the Epcot line this fall, but not until the work expanding touch points and security are done at the IG, and that might not happen in time to open it simultaneously with the DHS line.

That is the one piece of construction that I could see holding up the opening of the Epcot line.

Disney has never said that they are stopping buses to the resorts that are on the Skyliner. Some people speculate this will happen but I'm one who doesn't believe this will happen.

Guests at the Skyliner resorts will do as we always have and when we feel it's an appropriate time we'll head to the front of the park and take a bus back to our resort just as we do now.

That was more the speculation, people with knowledge of the project confirmed that it was Disney's goal to eliminate busses between the resorts and pars serviced by the Skyliner. There have been indications recently that that plan may have changed. Even if they don't eliminate them I can't see them not reducing their frequency.

Disney has never said that they are stopping buses to the resorts that are on the Skyliner. Some people speculate this will happen but I'm one who doesn't believe this will happen.
There's no way they could stop bus service. There's going to be a non-zero percentage of guests with a fear of heights that would never step foot onto the Skyliner if you paid them so there would still have to be a way to transport them.

One of the big things still left to be done before the POP line can open is the gravel bed below the line. As of June 20th photos that are was still a muddy mess.
I saw that too, I thought the path from CBR to DHS was done in about a week or so and I think the one from POP is shorter, but I'm not positive.
POP has the lake and a parking lot under a lot of it...

There's no way they could stop bus service. There's going to be a non-zero percentage of guests with a fear of heights that would never step foot onto the Skyliner if you paid them so there would still have to be a way to transport them.

As has been discussed many time, there are plenty of other options, Minnie Van, Uber, drive, rent a car, bus to another location and transfer, or just don't stay at those resorts.

Passport to the Parks posted a video from CBR, the station looks complete, they were working on pressure washing the walkways and on the landscaping. His night video at AoA/Pop showed that they were working on the bathrooms at night. They must be trying to finish up soon.

Hope so!

This was June 20th, five days ago, so I'm being cautious in expectations. Still seems like paving for the intra-resort bus loop, taking down the construction fence, general landscaping work, etc..

D9itrarXkAAFKD2.jpg:large

Hope so!

This was June 20th, five days ago, so I'm being cautious in expectations. Still seems like paving for the intra-resort bus loop, taking down the construction fence, general landscaping work, etc..

D9itrarXkAAFKD2.jpg:large
They were power washing walkways inside the fence a couple days ago.

Yep agreed, I was just speculating "if" they aren't full time, I bet there are extras on call for the typical summer storms.

Guests at the Skyliner resorts will do as we always have and when we feel it's an appropriate time we'll head to the front of the park and take a bus back to our resort just as we do now.

Agreed. The appropriate time (from time to time) may call for a bus over the skyliner, usually should be an obvious choice once both options are available.

Only thing for sure is, there will be a "final" group leaving IG on the skyliner as one of these storms approaches.

Hopefully nobody else is in line, or on the way to IG at that point. My money is on there will be-unfortunately.

Last edited:
Are there any recent pictures of the CBR station? I think I've seen all the others but only aerials of it.

well, they could stop them despite that concern. If you are staying at the Polynesian the only transportation service provided to EPCOT is the monorail, which gets as high off the ground as these gondolas do, so there is precedent

Now, will they? not sure. I would be shocked if it isn't drastically reduced and/or lines combined (like one bus goes to AoA, then to POP before going to EPCOT, or whatever)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter