• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I didn’t read the thread but what is this likely to do to International Gateway? I don’t know that I want to pay the huge upcharge to stay at the Beach Club if I have to stand behind everyone and their mom coming in from two huge value resorts and the new DVC. The wait times to get into the park will be insane.

I didn’t read the thread but what is this likely to do to International Gateway? I don’t know that I want to pay the huge upcharge to stay at the Beach Club if I have to stand behind everyone and their mom coming in from two huge value resorts and the new DVC. The wait times to get into the park will be insane.

They are massively expanding the security check points and entrance stations at the Gateway entrance. This is likely the main reason for the delay in opening. There are great pictures just one or two pages back in the thread (all 500 pages, lol) of a BlogMickey story showing those changes.

anyone peek to see what the signs say?
I assumed it was a screen with operating times or something like the buses have... but I guess that wouldn’t really be needed with continuous load....

Maybe it lets people know where they go since not everyone is stalking the opening like us 😂

I wonder if they'll post a wait time in the app for the skyliner? Should be a fairly predictable thing once they get a little data from running. Far easier than bus or boat wait times.

I wonder if they'll post a wait time in the app for the skyliner? Should be a fairly predictable thing once they get a little data from running. Far easier than bus or boat wait times.
Do you mean like time until your destination?

I would imagine wait times to get on a gondola would be irrelevant since they are continuously moving.

Do you mean like time until your destination?

I would imagine wait times to get on a gondola would be irrelevant since they are continuously moving.
Just because it's constantly moving, doesn't mean there will never be a wait. It's been discusses at length in the thread. Think people mover......it has a wait time posted. Most of the time it's insignificant. However certain times it may build up. It would be nice to know if you were at the mexico pavilion and wanted to decide to go to the front for a bus to CBR or skyliner.

These things will be unbelievably hot during the warm months in Florida which are basically all of them. I'll stick to the bus with AC

I assumed it was a screen with operating times or something like the buses have... but I guess that wouldn’t really be needed with continuous load....

Maybe it lets people know where they go since not everyone is stalking the opening like us 😂

Might also have info like how there are the two loading areas and how many people fit in a gondola, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter