Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Are the gondolas going to be able to accommodate a stroller? Even if folded up, it seems like something that would be needed by a lot of people.

Hoping the are open by end of June myself...

Are the gondolas going to be able to accommodate a stroller? Even if folded up, it seems like something that would be needed by a lot of people.

Hoping the are open by end of June myself...
Physically the stroller can just be rolled onto the Skyliner. The common expectation the practice will be just that too as forcing the folding of strollers would reduce efficiency of the continual loading.

Here's yet another hope that the Skyliners are operational WAY before Fall, 2019! Seems like things are almost ready to go and Disney is testing. C'mon, how much longer, Disney? We're there in mid-August and hope to be able to ride them during our trip!

We’ll be there during the fourth. But we won’t be staying at Pop/CBR/AOA until Halloween and/or Thanksgiving. So if it does open that early, we may have to take a round trip ride from Epcot or HS just for fun!

We will be there as well and it would be cool to get to ride on what. I just wonder what the lines are going to be like. I could see a scenario where almost everyone wants to be "just ride" them and that causes a lot of problems...

Are those up lights in the pavement under the arrival and departure paths? If they are, that's gonna look really cools when the cabins pass over them.

Those are AC vents-one last blast of cold air.

Physically the stroller can just be rolled onto the Skyliner. The common expectation the practice will be just that too as forcing the folding of strollers would reduce efficiency of the continual loading.
I wonder if strollers and ECV's have been figured into the rumour of capacity being 4,000-5,000 people per hour? I would predict that a majority of the gondolas will not be leaving the station with 10 people . . . more like 5 people, plus a stroller. Or, 2 people on ECVs. Or, 6-8 people who don't want to squish in tightly just to fit 10.

I see a big potential for predictions of no wait times to be grossly inaccurate...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter