Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

There's only 1 station anyone could miss: Riviera. Everyone has to get off at all the other stations. And even at Riviera, the cars will slow down and the doors open.

Oh true, I was thinking people might get stuck at CBR if they're not paying attention, but they'll probably have announcements as well just like on the monorail. I know most people are reasonably capable of figuring basic things out but there's always some people who aren't quick on the uptake no matter how simple things seem to be.

I don't know if I will. my mom and I have stayed at our favorite resort (pop century) which is (or was) value resort. I am scared to think there will be nothing called "value" any more after this.
the resorts on monorail system is $$$ and i'm just scared that the pop century fees will raise too....

But I'd think in that kind of system they could electrify the cables if they really wanted to.
Can they do that? The cable comes in contact with other metal items and whether it is AC or DC power, there must be a "return" circuit.

A gondola would be cool from the AKL to the park....travel over the safari's. That would be worth the view.

It would quadruple the length of the line need to get from AKL to AK. AKL's savannah from the air would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

It would quadruple the length of the line need to get from AKL to AK. AKL's savannah from the air would be pretty cool.
Unfortunately, DAK was built with many back-stage areas on the AKL side of the park, so the view into DAK would be sub-par unless major work improved it.

Unfortunately, DAK was built with many back-stage areas on the AKL side of the park, so the view into DAK would be sub-par unless major work improved it.
Here is a direct path from DAK bus area to the Jambo parking, and on to Kidani. No direct crossing of any backstage areas. The only thing nearby is the AKL Savanna service building, which would be interesting to see.
upload_2018-9-5_9-35-24.png

^^^

Plus for emergency vehicle access it would run along Osceola and turn north after the retaining pond.

Here is a direct path from DAK bus area to the Jambo parking, and on to Kidani. No direct crossing of any backstage areas. The only thing nearby is the AKL Savanna service building, which would be interesting to see.
View attachment 348663
That wouldn’t be too bad. (Although in a dream world, it would be an additional, “private” entrance into DAK) I think they would have to move bus security back to that point so guests can be screened before boarding the gondola to AKL, and guests that were screened at AKL wouldn’t have to be screened, again when entering DAK.

I wish they could move the bus entrance road down/South a bit to shield guests from seeing the service entrance with triple-barbed wire fences and the mil-spec crash barriers.

View attachment 348663

I would imagine if they did this, they'd put the station between Kidani and Jambo. It'd still be about the same route.

That wouldn’t be too bad. (Although in a dream world, it would be an additional, “private” entrance into DAK) I think they would have to move bus security back to that point so guests can be screened before boarding the gondola to AKL, and guests that were screened at AKL wouldn’t have to be screened, again when entering DAK.

I wish they could move the bus entrance road down/South a bit to shield guests from seeing the service entrance with triple-barbed wire fences and the mil-spec crash barriers.

Theme the Gondolas as Banshees (which I still don't know why we don't have banshee drones flying above Pandora) and have a special entrance in the Valley of Mo'ara.

Theme the Gondolas as Banshees (which I still don't know why we don't have banshee drones flying above Pandora) and have a special entrance in the Valley of Mo'ara.
Liability. There is a reason the fantasyland dragon only happened once.

That could be super impressive, but there is a lot of backstage that would need to be addressed.

I’m still not sure why they chose a gondola design that looks closer to 1980’s design instead of the future.

I thought that was mostly the TFA around the Contemporary (wouldn’t impact DAK).
But flying fire-breathing dragons floating overhead would seem to be a terrible idea after the parade issue.

I thought that was mostly the TFA around the Contemporary (wouldn’t impact DAK).
But flying fire-breathing dragons floating overhead would seem to be a terrible idea after the parade issue.
Disney can get clearance to fly over MK when they want so if they wanted to do it continually I think they could.

Well that and costs, still though fly them behind the pavilion. The floating mountains in the distance with a couple smaller drones would be cool. Star Wars could benefit from the same thing, and have a Combat Carl launch next door to Andy's backyard. Simple little touches that won't happen.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter