• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Sing A Long Vidoes

kelly08

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am planning a trip to DisneyWorld and am interested in buying one of the sing a long tapes. I want my daughter to get use to the characters and get to know them. She knows them in books and pictures, but she will be seeing them in person. I would like to know if any of the sing a long videos have all the characters on them. Or another video suggestion that features the characters? We have several Disney cartoons, but would like to get a video of the real characters. Thank you for any help or information.

In the mid-90's when my kids were about 5, there was a Disney sing-a-long song video that was all about Disneyland. Since Disneyland pretty much is like Magic Kingdom and the Characters are the same, maybe this would work.

Kelly,

there are quite a few character sing a longs out there. We have one from when my DS was little that was made at Disney land. Most of the rides however are the same ones as WDW. It has all the characters interacting and singing as they go through the park. I think it is called Disney Land Fun. It is wonderful to introduce the characters and the park to your child. When I find the tape, if the nane is different I will repost.

Jordan's mom

I bought all the character sing-a-longs for the same reason as you!

We have Disneyland Fun which is my DD's favorite
Also, DisneyWorld Beach Party which is great because it has the characters and Ariel singing at the GF beach and a luau song at the Poly besides the songs at the water parks.
Then there is a Christmas one which we LOVE because we always go in December and see the Christmas Parade which is in this video.
The rest of them I don't really know about or like. I do NOT like the Flick/Animal Kingdom one.
Then there's a Circus one??
A Campground one that I think might be good?

These tapes were hard for me to come by. Walmart and Toys R Us didn't have them anymore.

Finally, I ended up buying them on www.half.com. Mine were new but they also have used ones VERY cheap. They do have the Disneyland Fun one at the Disney Store and I think the Circus one too.

Good luck!

The ones we watch the most are Campout at WDW and BeachParty at WDW. My daughter loves to watch the characters and kids dance and sing. It's also fun to see the water attractions and resorts although it makes you very anxious for your vacation to arrive!

DISNEYLAND FUN! This is my absolute favorite. It includes basically all of the basic characters:
Mickey
Minnie
Pluto
Donald Duck
Goofy
Chip n Dale
Roger Rabbit
plus more

Since it takes place in Disneyland (Magic Kingdom is obviously similar), it'll get her excited about the trip. No matter what age I am (17 at the moment, lol) I watch before I leave for a Disney vacay each time. It gets me hyped up! Most of the songs take place on the rides too, which will help introduce her to whats ahead.

"So sing along everyone, we'll have some Disneyland Fun! Lets begin on Main Street, just before the Magic Kingdom opens..."-Mr. Owl.

Ahh, the fond memories. ;)

I'm a 15 year old girl and I still watch these videos. I agree, Disneyland FUn is the best but Beach Party and Camping Fun are two of my faves as well...With seven days until my trip, I watch them all every night. For someone who watches wrestling i'm such a kiddie at heart

<3 alwayz
Lexi

Hi
My 2 cents worth is Disneyland fun and Campout. My 4 yr old and 20 month old love these. We watch at least one video a day and probaly 5out of 7 days its one of these. Both boys are a little nervous of something that size I think they've helped. Dh is 6'1" and so we've done strange things like sheets over him with faces on that 1st thing in the morning and putting the little one on daddy's shoulder to realize how big Goofy is. Also explain to them that the characters don't talk they hug kiss and wave. The face characters (mad hatter snow white) they do talk(or so I've seen in the videos). The one i've heard in the biggest of all is brer bear but have never seen pictures of him.

My 3 year old loves the Beach Party, Disneyland Fun, the Halloween one and the Campout one. She did not like the Animal Kingdom video. I think the the Disneyland Fun or Beach Party would be good to show a little one how the characters are. Also, they show lots of interaction with a group of kids in the videos. One warning, after watching the videos, my little one was convinced that they would ride the rides with her. We explained they had too many kids to meet so they probably wouldn't have time to go on the rides with us.

Your idea for the sing alongs is great. It sounds like your child might be younger, so I'd also suggest preparing her for the characters being tall and not talking (except face characters). I told my kids that Mickey is as tall as daddy, so when Mickey came in shorter than him he definitely wasn't scary.

"...but I don't know all the words..."

The Disney Land Fun video is a no brainer! My boys (1 and 3) love it, and so do we. I think its only about 20 min. or so. But it is awesome(We got it about 2 weeks ago and have watched it at the very least 20 times)

It shows Main St., the Matterhorn, Small World, Tom Sawyers Island, A couple of parades, Big thunder mountian railroad, The Haunted Mansion (sort of), The Train, The teacups, Eating(with pooh bear), Splash Mountian and some more I probably missed.

Has everyone Evil Princess mentioned plus Pooh(old style) and Eyore, The country bears, pinnochio & Gepetto, Snow White, The Witch & Maleficent (i guess thats who it is). The rabbit from Alice in wonderland, and probably more.

ROGER RABBIT??? that drives me nuts every time I watch it!!! Maybe they can have George Lucas digitally re-master it and replace him with Buzz or Woody or anybody Disney, anybody but Roger Rabbit.

We have the disneyland fun video also. My kids are 4 yrs old and 22 months. They LOVE the tape. They sing and dancearoundthe house when we watch it. i hope it helps so when we get to Disney, they will love it . Good luck,

I work at a daycare, with 3 year olds, and they LOVE the Disney videos. Especially the ones with the "real" characters. They love the "scary" part in the DL video. I think it's just enough scare with out being horror like for them. At first I really didn't like the Animal Kingdom one, but the more I watched it the more I liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter