• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Shopping News

Would you be interested in a Shopping News board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LEGO 43242 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ Cottage revealed!
Jay's Brick Blog
View attachment 834101
The LEGO Kids website has given us our very first look at 43242 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’, a massively detailed 2,228-piece LEGO Disney set coming soon!

We don’t have official release dates or global pricing just yet, but it wouldn’t be too far to assume that it’ll be out on 1 March 2024.

This post will be updated with official release dates and pricing when it surfaces on LEGO.com.

This is a gorgeous take on the Seven Dwarf’s Cottage from the iconic Disney animation, with building techniques and a scale that’s near MOC-quality....

click link for more info
View attachment 834103View attachment 834104View attachment 834105View attachment 834106View attachment 834107

Update:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage #43242
$219.99
Coming Soon on March 4, 2024
LEGO® Insider Early Access on this set – 3/1-3/3

1708022473284.png1708022524513.png

Right? The only thing I can think of is some emotional attachment that might be there to the "Store" branding given that many grew up going to physical Disney Stores at their local malls.
That's exactly what they're going for. They're realizing they were short sighted in separating brick and mortar stores from the online store and subsequently closing the brick and mortar stores during Covid. Not all of the foot traffic business transitioned to the website. Rebranding the online store back to the Disney Store is trying to spark that nostalgia for the old physical store to get more people to shop online. Putting out a "Disney Store" line is just more of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start reopening some physical Disney Stores in strategic (high volume) areas.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start reopening some physical Disney Stores in strategic (high volume) areas.
That would be nice! Though admittedly, I think my area wouldn't be one of those high volume places (Raleigh, NC). But I can see big cities getting the stores back. Some of them had a lot of Imagineering work and it was cool just to go look at the store's decor. For instance, I liked the one on Millennium Mile in downtown Chicago with the art Deco Disney character columns.

That's what I'm hoping for.

🕯️*lights candle to manifest a Toronto store*🕯️
I hope you get your wish! I'm actually surprised there are this many left in the US: https://stores.disneystore.com/

I thought the only one left was the flagship one in Times Square. But still, no evidence that they'll be expanding anytime soon so I won't get my hopes up.

Same, they just don't say 'Store' on them! I do think it's really odd for them to come out with a specific Disney Store line, though.

Right? The only thing I can think of is some emotional attachment that might be there to the "Store" branding given that many grew up going to physical Disney Stores at their local malls.

Imagine if toys r' us (who is really only back at this current moment as the toy department inside Macy's) was to start making brand merchandise with a hoodie/hat/what have you about being a toys r us kid. My gen would eat that up. Same idea probably with the Disney store merch. Although I'd rather have the TRU 🥹🙃

I hope you get your wish! I'm actually surprised there are this many left in the US: https://stores.disneystore.com/

I thought the only one left was the flagship one in Times Square. But still, no evidence that they'll be expanding anytime soon so I won't get my hopes up.

I think those are all/mostly outlet stores. I know the one in WA is but it doesn't say that in the description. Though when I went last year it seemed like it was more shop disney stuff that hadn't sold and for not very good prices and way less park stuff like before. The prices weren't as good overall as they'd been before so I haven't been in a hurry to go up there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter