• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Shopping News

Would you be interested in a Shopping News board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't understand the point of this tbh. I truly don't think the url of it matters unless it means that the online only approach is reverting as well and we can get physical Disney Stores back. If so, I hope we can get some open in Canada again. (I love the outlet ones don't get me wrong and I hope they never close those but I miss having one close)

Kind of makes sense. The remaining Outlet stores have essentially been extensions of the website.

The stores used to receive shipment packaging of products that were intended for the stores and easier to process, now they receive stuff that was originally packaged for online shipping.

Ornaments and mugs were the worst to process when I worked at one of them.

I don't understand the point of this tbh. I truly don't think the url of it matters unless it means that the online only approach is reverting as well and we can get physical Disney Stores back. If so, I hope we can get some open in Canada again. (I love the outlet ones don't get me wrong and I hope they never close those but I miss having one close)
I too hope the switch back to "Disney Store" allows more brick and mortar locations to open. There was something magical about stepping into the Disney Store in my local mall in between trips. I also miss the distinction between "Disney Store" merch and "Disney Parks" merch. It's all the same now and I honestly buy less (if that's possible).

Kind of makes sense. The remaining Outlet stores have essentially been extensions of the website.

The stores used to receive shipment packaging of products that were intended for the stores and easier to process, now they receive stuff that was originally packaged for online shipping.

You worked at Disney Store? I had no idea. I love it!

New Magic Key-Exclusive Valentine’s Day Stitch Straw Clip Coming to Disneyland Resort

The straw clip is a sculpted figure of Stitch holding a pink heart to his chest. He’s attached to a pink clip with a purple circular charm featuring the Magic Key logo.

The straw clip will be available for purchase at Disneyland Resort beginning on Thursday, February 8, 2024, while supplies last. We don’t yet know where the straw clip will be available or how much it will cost.
View attachment 831330
Oh, I wish I could get this without a magic key. My friend's son died from cancer two months ago. He was crazy about stitch and tons of stitch stuff. His celebration of life was all stitch themed. I wish I could give this to them. Bummer its only magic key.

New Magic Key-Exclusive Valentine’s Day Stitch Straw Clip Coming to Disneyland Resort

The straw clip is a sculpted figure of Stitch holding a pink heart to his chest. He’s attached to a pink clip with a purple circular charm featuring the Magic Key logo.

The straw clip will be available for purchase at Disneyland Resort beginning on Thursday, February 8, 2024, while supplies last. We don’t yet know where the straw clip will be available or how much it will cost.
View attachment 831330

more info...

Disney Hype Beast - Instagram

Experiment 626 escaped and we found him hanging out on Magic Key holders’ straws! From February 8, 2024, Magic Key Stitch Straw Clips will be available while supplies last for purchase at select Disneyland Resort locations.
• Gibson Girl
• Troubadour Tavern
• Lemonade Cart near the Tomorrowland Expo
Center
• Popcorn Cart near The Star Trader
• Pretzel Cart near Star Tours - The Adventure
Continues
• Galactic Grill
• Alien Pizza Planet
• Golden Horseshoe
• Stage Door Café
• Hungry Bear
• Harbour Galley
• Royal Street Veranda
• Mortimer’s Market
• Smokejumpers Grill
• Schmoozies!
• Stadium Vending at Disney California Adventure Park

While supplies last. Limit one per person, per transaction.
No discounts apply. All ofters are subject to change or cancellation without notice. A Magic Key holder must present a valid Magic Key pass to purchase. Both a park reservation and valid admission are required for park entry. Magic Key park reservations are limited and subject to the availability of park reservations allocated to Magic Key passes, blockout dates and capacity. Park entry is not guaranteed for any date for any pass.

1707097836465.png

D23 15th Anniversary Celebration at Disney Springs
March 10, 2024
Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Disney Springs
Click link for more info.

Merchandise info:
...All D23 Gold Members in attendance at this 15th Anniversary Celebration will also receive a dazzling event-exclusive “Cosmic Blue” variant of the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey Mouse Figurine from the 2024 D23 Magic & Mystery Gold Member Collector Set, along with a D23 event-exclusive D23 15th Anniversary Pin inspired by the Magic & Mystery of Disney.

Additionally, all attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a special merchandise RSP for The Walt Disney Company Store’s exclusive collection of D23 15th anniversary pins! Check out two of the new releases, below; they’ll be available at this exclusive RSP opportunity, with even more designs in store via the whole collection!

Triptych image featuring two exclusive pins that will be available at D23 15th Anniversary Celebration’s RSP opportunity. The first pin features artwork inspired by Sleeping Beauty, with a pink and blue cake decorated by Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather, bearing “15” for 15 Fan-tastic Years of D23. The other pin features artwork of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit as he “steps out” of a large “15” against a colorful background.

DETAILS
Event Includes:
  • Exclusive access to Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Walt Disney World Resort from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday, March 10, 2024, featuring free play on bowling, games, and photo opportunities.
  • Delectable food and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. A cash bar will be available for alcoholic purchases for guests over 21 years of age.
  • First access to purchase Member-exclusive D23 15th Anniversary pin collection from The Walt Disney Company Store through a random selection process. Please see RSP details in the “notes” section below.
  • Guests are strongly encouraged to pick up all materials for the D23 15th Anniversary Celebration at the RSP Pick-up Location listed in the “notes” section below. This is due to the nature and shape of the event gifts, as well as providing quicker access to the event at Disney Springs later that evening.
  • Guests who check in at the RSP Pick-up may send one member of their party to receive all event materials including gifts and credentials for everyone they purchase tickets for. Guests who check in at the RSP Pick Up will also be able to enter Splitsville Luxury Lanes (during the posted event time) as soon as they arrive, as opposed to waiting in the check in line at Disney Springs.
  • All guests will receive celebratory gifts created just for D23 Gold Members, including an event credential, a “Cosmic Blue” variant of the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey Mouse Figurine from the D23 Magic & Mystery Collection, and an event-exclusive D23 15th Anniversary Pin.
D23 15th Anniversary – The Walt Disney Company Store Pin Releases
Here is a look at the D23 15th Anniversary pin releases at the Splittsville event at Disney Springs on Sunday, March 10, 2024! These are The Walt Disney Company Store exclusives. They are available to event ticket holders via RSP (Random Selection Process).
click link

Instagram
Here is a look at the D23 15th Anniversary pin releases available to event guests via RSP!

1707098554095.png1707098565419.png
1707098595663.png1707098607347.png
1707098642637.png1707098660235.png

shopDisney to Rebrand Back to the Disney Store

What's happening:
Later this month, shopDisney will once again be known as the Disney Store.
In turn, the main URL for the online retail destination will be DisneyStore.com.
The switchover will officially happen on Valentine’s Day (February 14th) following a brief scheduled downtime.
This is a reversal of a rebranding decision made in 2017.
At the time, then-EVP of Disney Retail, Paul Gainer, said, “We know our fans are looking for a one-stop-shop to find the most compelling product out there and with shopDisney we are uniquely positioned to curate the very best of Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel merchandise.”
Disney also stated that, with the arrival of shopDisney, it would offer more adult merchandise.
Since then, the retail market has changed dramatically, with Disney Store closing most of its physical locations in North America.
This news also comes as shopDisney reportedly laid off workers in recent weeks.

BREAKING: shopDisney Will Go Back to Original Disney Store Name

shopDisney will reportedly be ditching its current branding and going back to the original Disney Store name later this month.
According to Laughing Place, shopDisney will make the change official this month, once again donning the “Disney Store” moniker. As a result of the change, the retailer’s main URL will change to “DisneyStore.com” rather than shopDisney.com.

The switch will allegedly occur on February 14, 2024, Valentine’s Day, after a brief, scheduled downtime for the website.

This reported change also comes one week after the online Disney retailer announced that 150 Cast Members would be laid off from The Walt Disney Company effective March 24, 2024. These Cast Members not only supported the online retailer but also Disney Parks Merchandise Guest Services and D23 Guest Services.

This effectively reverses the branding change made in September 2017, in which Disney Store became known as shopDisney, and retail Disney stores were renovated to display a more modern look. Eventually, most Disney Store locations in North America shuttered in 2021, including the original store in Glendale, California. That same year, Target announced they would add their Disney Store “shop-in-shop” areas to 160 more U.S. locations following its original 2019 reveal. Currently, there are only 21 Disney Stores left in North America.

Disney has yet to confirm this change publicly.

Attention Shoppers: shopDisney will be rebranded back to the Disney Store

Beginning Feb. 14, 2024, the shopDisney website will be rebranded back to the Disney Store, but don’t worry; all your favorite Disney products will still be available.

The shopDisney website will be down between 7 p.m. PST on Feb. 13, 2024, and 1 a.m. PST on Feb. 14, 2024, for the changeover, but after that, shoppers will automatically be redirected to the new website (disneystore.com) to ensure a seamless customer experience.

Disney Store Timeline
1987 – The first Disney Store opened in the Glendale Galleria mall in Southern California
2017 – shopDisney replaced the Disney Store’s online website, offering Disney, Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel
merchandise, plus authentic products from Disney Parks.
2021 – Prompted by the surge in online shopping during the pandemic, Disney announced the majority of North American Disney Stores would close
2024 – Currently, there are 20 Disney Outlet stores across the U.S. and a flagship Disney Store in New York’s Times Square.

shopDisney Japan made this change last year

1707099331593.png 🤔

I would give anything to just have a Disney Outlet Store. We don't have any within a days drive from us. I miss the one that closed a few years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter