Disney Shopping News

Would you be interested in a Shopping News board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alerts...
So like many of you, I "Watch" this thread.
But at some point over time, it stops giving me alerts (aka the little bell at the top of the page when there's a new post in a thread) which I don't notice for a while until I think "hey - I've not seen any new merch posts in days!".
So I "Unwatch" the thread, and then Watch it again and am good to go for a while...
I'm always horrified at how many amazing posts I missed. haha.
Any suggestions for the alerts to NOT stop?

Also... thinking of you adorable FL residents and hope you are safely out of the path of Idalia!

Alerts...
But at some point over time, it stops giving me alerts (aka the little bell at the top of the page when there's a new post in a thread) which I don't notice for a while until I think "hey - I've not seen any new merch posts in days!".
So I "Unwatch" the thread, and then Watch it again and am good to go for a while...

Also... thinking of you adorable FL residents and hope you are safely out of the path of Idalia!
Sadly, I don’t have an answer for the alert issue. Hopefully someone else can help. I do know that you are not alone, has happened to others on Disboards.

Speaking of FL residents, I am one of those near Idalia’s path. My family has prepped and we are prepared but chances are we will lose power. I may be missing in action for a day or so.
Stay safe❤️

Sadly, I don’t have an answer for the alert issue. Hopefully someone else can help. I do know that you are not alone, has happened to others on Disboards.

Speaking of FL residents, I am one of those near Idalia’s path. My family has prepped and we are prepared but chances are we will lose power. I may be missing in action for a day or so.
Stay safe❤️
Appreciate you so much, @cellomom ! Hope you/family/friends stay safe!

Alerts...

This may or may not be what's happening in your specific situation, but sharing anyway just in case it clears up the issue.

Once you get an alert, you won't get another one until you've visited the thread again.

Say you get an alert on Sunday at 3:00pm, either via email or the red bell notification. You open the list of alerts and clear the red notification on Monday at 10:00am, but you don't actually go to the thread until 2:00pm Thursday. You wouldn't get any alerts for new replies from Sunday evening, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday morning, but you'll get a notification for a new reply that's added at 2:30pm Thursday. Rinse and repeat.

Stay safe❤️
Glad you are prepared! Hope your family and friends are all safe!

I've experienced the same thing and, as @JacknSally mentioned, it is usually because I missed an alert.

There is, in my opinion, a couple of problems with the alert system.
1. The indicator should continue to indicate number of unread threads. Instead, if you have 9 alerts, but only read one, the little red number goes away.
2. The grey shading of an unread thread matches the grey shading when your mouse hovers over the text to select a thread. A lot of times that has led to me missing an unread thread. I've tried to train myself to use the slide on the right side to scan for grey, unread threads.

Stay safe❤️

Stay safe, hopefully it won't be as bad as they're predicting.

Stay safe, hopefully it won't be as bad as they're predicting.

All is well at our house, power back on ❤️
Thankful for our local lineman & mutual aid partners working to restore power.
Grateful for the "stay safe wishes", Thank you.
Haven't slept in 24hrs, going to bed after one more post.

edit: My heart is heavy for those who are still struggling to recover, lost homes or businesses🙏

Last edited:
I've already placed two RSVLTS orders in the past week... why do they keep doing this to me?

I'm just frustrated that most of the coolest designs aren't available in the Women's cut, I much prefer them to the Men's, they fit much better.

Not sure if it still works, but if you do end up placing :cough, cough: another order, PMM20 will give you 20 percent off! Easier to justify buying when you get a discount, LOL!

I'm just frustrated that most of the coolest designs aren't available in the Women's cut, I much prefer them to the Men's, they fit much better.

Not sure if it still works, but if you do end up placing :cough, cough: another order, PMM20 will give you 20 percent off! Easier to justify buying when you get a discount, LOL!
I believe it! IDK why all the patterns don't come in men, women, and children's cuts? I would think people would want them for the whole family!

Thank you! I may or may not have used separate emails to get the 20% off more than once since it seems to be limited to your first order :ssst:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter