Disney Shirts for our trip

jngwright

DIS Veteran
I wanted to make Star Wars shirts for my boys for our trip. If I find images on Google Image, can I copy them and make T-shirts, or is this some sort of copyright infringement? I wanted to do a Mickey Skywalker and Donald Darth Maul.

TIA:thumbsup2

Go on the home page of the DIS boards and go to DIS Designers section these people are great on the designs that they make and they do them for free ........ You just tell them the info you want on them and they do they designs.... I have seen alot of star wars themed designs its aqwsome and so are the people....... have fun on your trip and may the force be with you :wizard:

I don't know how soon you are going, but I would recommend popping over to the creative board. I am not discriminating as I've only really seen this one person's work, but KellyBell's designs are really great and she customizes them for you. I'm sure there is a Star Wars theme out there somewhere....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1966574

I would suggest going to the Dis Designers Board. Theres a lot of great designs.

Ditto on the design board and once you get on there you will be addicted....more so than just to the regular forums, so then again maybe you should stay away:rotfl: just kidding, but my husband says I have a new boyfriend and it is the disboards:rotfl:

To be clear, YES, it IS copyright (or, in some cases, trademark) infrigement. Disney developed their logos and characters, and thus, if you don't have direct permission from them to use their intellectual property, you are breaking copyright (or trademark) law.

There are several sites out that that will print custom tshirts for you (printfection, zazzle, etc.) and they say in their terms that you must only upload designs for which you hold copyright. As such, a good portion of the designs in the DISIGN board are technically illegal.

Beyond that, personal morals come in to play. TECHNICALLY, it's illegal, and TECHNICALLY you can get sued for using intellectual property without permission. After all, it only makes sense for a company to protect its image and usage of the content in which it has invested! Is Disney (or whoever owns the Star Wars properties) ACTUALLY going to come after you for wearing a custom t-shirt? Not likely. Unless you try to sell it, of course. It's up to you whether or not you want to break the law in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter