Disney serves the best ever Mac and Cheese at the Grand! Worth every penny!!

SL6827

DIS Veteran
If you want some excellent mac and cheese, head to the Grand Flo. We left the MK for lunch at GGrill at the Grand Floridian and got the mac and cheese. And it was worth every penny. I guess Disney doesn't feel the need to serve such excellent mac and cheese to guest at the value and moderate resorts, but they sure do for those staying at the Grand, lol!!

No joke, it is worth going out of your way for. Looking back, next time we will get some to eat there and get a serving to take back to where ever we will be staying.

For those who know exactly what I mean, do you know if there are any other deluxe resorts that get this mac and cheese?

Stayed there 3 years ago , I remember being good also , definitely not the stouffers style , more gooey and white cheddary

Stayed there 3 years ago , I remember being good also , definitely not the stouffers style , more gooey and white cheddary
The mac and cheese at Regal Eagle in Epcot is also quite good; sounds like it might be what you're describing. It's now my go-to side dish at this venue.

Thanks for this useful recommendation.
I see that Gasparilla's mac & cheese is <$10 AND they offer a Bloody Mary for less than $10 as well.

Thinking back to our first family trip in Jan 2007, all the character dinners we did for the wee ones had Mac n Cheese. They added sugar to the mixture making the texture granular, which I thought was gross!!! Every place BUT 1900 Park Fare did this making GF our fav. sit down character meal. Anyone else remember this? We haven't had M n C since.

If you want some excellent mac and cheese, head to the Grand Flo. We left the MK for lunch at GGrill at the Grand Floridian and got the mac and cheese. And it was worth every penny. I guess Disney doesn't feel the need to serve such excellent mac and cheese to guest at the value and moderate resorts, but they sure do for those staying at the Grand, lol!!

No joke, it is worth going out of your way for. Looking back, next time we will get some to eat there and get a serving to take back to where ever we will be staying.

For those who know exactly what I mean, do you know if there are any other deluxe resorts that get this mac and cheese?
We love Gasperilas. They also have a wonderful salad that you choose all the toppings for and then they make it as you watch and wait. Sooo good. And the cucakes they have - the lemon one = yum. Both the latter are pre-covid. No idea if they have right now.

Omg it is soooo good!!! I get the kids size because it’s plenty filling and heavy. I get it every trip now. It’s different from Regal Eagle which is good also. The one at GF is just really creamy and very satisfying. My DH and DD thought it was good but nothing special. I think they are wrong lol

Ggrill used to have amazing gluten free Mac and cheese. Best on property, hands down.
They switched to amys frozen brand to hit more allergies/vegan preferences and I’ve always been sad about it.

thanks for the good memory OP! That was truly the best Mac and cheese I had ever had ☺️

Agreed. I wanted just a snack once, so I bought the kids meal and I was amazed how good it was. I went back the next day for the regular size.

DD says Yachtsman has the best Mac and cheese she ever had in her life!!! lol

Agreed. I wanted just a snack once, so I bought the kids meal and I was amazed how good it was. I went back the next day for the regular size.

So the macaroni and cheese in the kid's meal at GG is the same quality as in the adult's meal? Also does anyone know how the size of the macaroni and cheese in the kid's meal compares in amount to the amount of macaroni and cheese in the side order?

So the macaroni and cheese in the kid's meal at GG is the same quality as in the adult's meal? Also does anyone know how the size of the macaroni and cheese in the kid's meal compares in amount to the amount of macaroni and cheese in the side order?
Does anyone know the answer to this question? I’m wondering the same! Thanks!

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I’m wondering the same! Thanks!

unfortunately, when I went to the GF in July, I didn’t find any Mac and cheese, so I don’t know. Frankly, I found the offerings (as well as service and cleanliness) at Gasparilla Grille to be rather lacking, so I usually walked over to Captain Cooks for my meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter