Disney screwed up our ressie quote!

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
I called AAA Travel last night to put the deposit on our honeymoon. The very nice agent had quoted me, the day before, a MYW Pkg with the AAA discounts at a rate of $2900 (roughly) for 7 days/6nights. When I called to make the deposit, she put me hold for a moment and then told me she'd need to cll me right back at home. A few moments later she calls me at home and syas that there is a discrepancy. When she called Disney to make the ressie they suddenly had UPPED their price quote by $1000!!!

As I gasped for air, the agent told me not to panic as they had just begun recording all conversations, and had Disney on tape quoting them the original price. She is supposed to speak to Disney Administration today and will hopefully be able to secure the original rate.

Ay yay yay! What the heck???

It is possible that the resort you had requested has now booked all AAA rate rooms for the time period that you will be visiting WDW. There are limited numbers of rooms availabe at that special rate, and once they are booked, the remainder are offered at rack rate. Receiving a quote one day does not guarantee that that room rate will still be available at a later date. You don't lock in the rate until you actually make your reservations/place a deposit.

That said, it is possible that someone simply made an error. Ask your agent to double check the type of MYW tickets that are being included in the package quote(s)--there can be a significant difference in price depending on whether the quote is for base tickets, or premium tickets (PH & Plus) with no-expiration. Also, room rates within the same resort can vary considerably depending upon whether you are booking standard view, or preferred, or conceirge level.

My guess is that either the AAA rate rooms have booked, and your second quote was for rack rate... or there is a discrepency between the two package quotes in regards to the tickets &/or room options that were included. I'd ask questions relative to both of those possibilities, and see what you can find out.

Jennasis said:
I called AAA Travel last night to put the deposit on our honeymoon. The very nice agent had quoted me, the day before, a MYW Pkg with the AAA discounts at a rate of $2900 (roughly) for 7 days/6nights. When I called to make the deposit, she put me hold for a moment and then told me she'd need to cll me right back at home. A few moments later she calls me at home and syas that there is a discrepancy. When she called Disney to make the ressie they suddenly had UPPED their price quote by $1000!!!

As I gasped for air, the agent told me not to panic as they had just begun recording all conversations, and had Disney on tape quoting them the original price. She is supposed to speak to Disney Administration today and will hopefully be able to secure the original rate.

Ay yay yay! What the heck???

I used to be in the travel business and know that fares change all the time..especially over night. Just remember for future travel arrangements, NOTHING is guaranteed until it's booked. Now, if the AAA agent had booked AND received a confirmation # from Disney at the lower rate, then AAA and Disney would have to work it out w/o any additional expense from you since it wasn't your fault. BUT, if it's just a quote w/o a booking, then anything can happen.

Almost the same thing happened to me with AAA.

In Feb, I got a quote for our upcoming May trip and when I decided to book it, the TA called me back and said the price was not correct because Disney quoted a 5 night stay instead of a 6 night stay.

I still had to pay the higher price, but they told me Disney is giving me some sort of special Fastpass option because of their mistake.

YEs it turns out that the combo of days/tix was messed up...long story short, nobody is honoring the original quote, so it looks like we are better off booking everything ourselves.

I have been in the travel business all of three weeks, and the first thing I was taught was a good TA NEVER EVER gives a quote to a client without first actually holding the room. With Disney that means getting a confirmation number and you have X days to post the deposit. My agency owner told me she didn't care if I had 50 packages reserved without deposits. The most important thing is to quote what you can get for your client when you call back with a deposit. The only way to do that is to make an actual reservation.

Everything is cool now. We decided to book the trip ourselves seperately and got a pretty darn good deal. $1715 for 7 days/6nights (one night in CR tower and 5 nights in BC std view). $570.88 for our park tix w/hopper and plus feature. All we need now is airfare. Our current total is $2288.35. MUCH better than the $3300+ they quoted us for a pkg without the dining option!

I always get a better rate when I book everything speparatly myself.

Glad to hear you got a better deal. :teeth:

I had this happen once with airfare. In the TA's office, price was quoted, ran out to my car to get my checkbook and the price had gone up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter