Disney Sampler from Employer-Instead of buying Disney Club?

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
If you don't want to puchase the Disney Club through your employer, check on something called a Disney Sampler. Its a one time only sampling of discounts that you can order from the Disney Club. You can order at https://disneyclub.disney.go.com/dynamic/Sampler/SamplerRegistration
with your chapter number.

Has anyone done this? What coupons do you get?
I am specifically wanting the discounts on AP's and the room.

Thanks,
Melanie

We have done this.

Let see.. the only one that we will use is a 15% off Disney Quest.
There were quite a few coupons for Disney Land, and some car rental coupons.

(We drive down, so car rental is moot.)

Look and make sure that you do not get an expired book, that happened to us.

I have seen several copies of the Sampler recently and most of the offers in it were expired. It's possible that they've issued a newer version, but I don't think so.

Basically, it doesn't compare with the actual Disney Club membership at all. It has a coupon that allows you to book a National rental car one time with the DC member discount, gives you some coupons/rebates for certain Disney videos, and offers a couple of not-very-good package deals at WDW and Disneyland, etc. There really isn't anything that great in there, IMHO.

The main benefits of DC membership are the 5% discount on WDW passes, the 10% discount at Disney Store, free National Rental Car Emerald Aisle membership, major discounts on National rental car, and smallish discounts at the resort hotels (there are lots of other discounts at the hotels that usually beat DC).

If you're buying a lot of passes and you don't have a membership in AAA (which gives you about the same discount) -- or if you shop at Disney Store a lot -- or if you will be renting from National for a week or more -- then the Disney Club will probably pay for itself. Otherwise, it's probably not worth it.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I started with one of those samplers two years ago. It just give you a hint of the savings. But I had decided to buy the membership before I received the sampler coupons anyway.

And the bottomline is, again, if you do not shop at the DS often, you won't get unbeatable discounts with that card, anywhere. You can get better offers and discounts elsewhere and yes, AAA matches exactly the same discount you get on rooms, etc.
The DC is really not anything you could not do without.

Wanda

I don't have AAA. Unfortunately I am going the end of November, and AP rates or other discounts are not out yet. I really am afraid if I don't lock in this lower rate the days over Thanksgiving will book up for discounts by the time they come out. I can get the DC for $29.95, and since it will save us almost $60 on the AP tickets alone and $150 on the hotel it makes sense at the moment. They did tell me that we have 3 months to get our money back on the card. So if the rate at the hotel goes down more than the $150 with either AP or Fall Fantasy, I can always cancel it. The girl at the DC said to wait until the beginning of the month and that would give me almost 4 months to cancel (it goes till the end of the month you bought it in).

What does everyone think about the magazine you get. I think thats the one that is in your hotel room upon check in. There is always interesting things in it. What is the normal price of this magazine? I am going down next year too with my AP's. The discount might even be able to guarantee I get a better rate the following year at the hotel. Do I have to purchase it again the following year to show it at check in? I might then wait until I see if I can get a better rate at that point.

Thanks,
Melanie

Regarding FoodLovers post, I just got this sampler last week. It was different than the one I received the beginning of the year (which incidentally had all 1/31/02 expiration dates on it, and we received the sampler on 1/18...didn't do much for us)

So we called and got a newer Sampler, the savings don't expire until after we leave (our trip is in August)... If I can find it, I will post what is in the newer sampler.

We are also going at the end of November. I have always been able to get a code for a lower rate than the card, but never have I been able to get CBR. I guess it's just a popular resort. Anyway, this year I went ahead and got the card and booked my resort. I saved 20%, which isn't bad yet isn't great, but you know what? I get to finally stay at the resort I have been wanting to for a couple years now. :p :bounce: :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter